PDA

View Full Version : quick advice needed

moogster1a
08-11-2010, 08:07 AM
Mindee just arrived in floods of tears.
Apparently he took too long getting ready this morning so his dad smacked hima and made him come out without his school jumper. He's got a coat but it's freezing here.
He said he wasn't being naughty and to be honest his dad's a right bully.
Question is, do I lend him one of ds's jumpers and mention it to mum? mention it to dad?( bearing in mind he's not overly nice ). or just take the jumper back off him just before pick up. Maybe with a comment of how the weather's turned?
By the way, the little chap's only 4.

sweets
08-11-2010, 08:15 AM
poor little man! i would def give him a jumper but take it off before parents come. if mum comments that he hasnt got one then explain that he came without one but borrowed your sons for the day as you didnt want to see him cold.

Toothfairy
08-11-2010, 08:19 AM
I would lend him one if it were me, poor chap.
Also, if there is a hand mark where the Dad smacked the child, I would write this up in the exsisting injury log, just to cover yourself.

HTH :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
08-11-2010, 08:22 AM
I would also make a note of what has happened and what the little chap has said.

moogster1a
08-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Thanks Toothfairy, never crossed my mind !!

the happy house
08-11-2010, 08:58 AM
Personally I would leave the jumper on him, tell the parents that you felt it was too cold for him to be without a jumper and that they can return it when they've washed it.
And yes, I agree with others, document what the boy has said.