PDA

View Full Version : clarification of 2 hour rule

little chickee
07-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Sorry to drag up this old topic again but im after a bit of advice for a friend.

She is in the process of registering as a cm and i've been helping her out with her paperwork etc. She has had an enquiry about minding 2 schoolies after school - now before she is registered.

It will be 2 kids for 2 hours 3-4 days a week. She will be chargeing. Another cm has told her that she can do this as long as its not for more than 2 hours.

Now i was under the impression that it is 2 hours a week not per day and only if its unpaid. Who is right?

She is a good friend and there is no conflict of interest as i do not have space for these kids - i just dont want her to go ahead and risk jeapodising her registration.

Penny1959
08-11-2010, 02:33 AM
Hello - It is 2 hours per day.

I have copied the below from Ofsted website this morning, which I think covers your friends situation

2. If you provide care where a child does not stay with you for more than two hours a day, even if your childcare service is open for longer than two hours.

Please make sure your friend reads document to ensure she is meeting the requirements.

www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Factsheet-childcare-Registration-not-required

And if still not sure phone the helpline.

Penny :)

miffy
08-11-2010, 07:55 AM
I'm sure there used to be something about no payment or reward - maybe that's been removed now?

I'd ask your friend to double check with Ofsted by email so she has a written reply.

Miffy xx

Mouse
08-11-2010, 09:06 AM
I don't know if things are the same in Scotland, but in England you don't have to be registered as long as the children are with you for no more than 2 hours a day. You can be paid for it, but would obviously have to declare the earnings.