PDA

View Full Version : First visit EVER in half an hour!!!

keeks
07-11-2010, 03:19 PM
I've tidied and cleaned, put some toys out in the lounge, printed off a few sheets (WHY HAVEN'T I SPENT MORE TIME SORTING OUT THE PAPERWORK???) for parents to take home, the boisterous boys are at their dad's :littleangel: ...

I take it at a first visit I mostly just chat informally with mum and give her a register form to take home and fill in should she decide to choose me? And a sheet of our daily routine.

And I've got a sample menu to show, my policies and risk assessments, Sarah's lovely parent's sheet for the 6 areas of learning. This is all just stuff I will show, then if she comes to sign I'll give her a more substantial pack with permission forms, All About Me etc?

Am actually nervous, not so used to children under 2 1/2!

Mookins
07-11-2010, 03:38 PM
bless you will be fine hun, sounds like you are all prepared

fingers crossed for you

xxxx

Andrea08
07-11-2010, 04:10 PM
yes hun you sound ready just relax, talk to the LO parents will want to see how you react to their LO and how he takes to you.. have afew toys out ready and a question sheet for you to make notes ..

good luck tell us how it went :thumbsup:

keeks
07-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks guys, they've been and I fell head over heels, he is absolutely gorgeous! Mum was very happy and impressed with paperwork etc (thanks Sarah and everyone else on the Forum!). We all got on really well, she said she had never seen him looking so comfortable with a new person.

The only thing is, she is already pretty set on this nursery she visited the other day. Although she said she really wants him to start with me, so is now thinking of having him both there and here.

Oh well... whatever will be will be! :D

xxx

PinkFairy24
07-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Aww sounds like a really good visit! Just hoping that she is going to pick you first over a nursery!!

Best of luck hunny, love Claire X x X

Andrea08
07-11-2010, 10:25 PM
ohhh thanks for the up-date hun glad it went well and fingers crossed

if she uses both you n nursery remember to try and get a good partnership going

all the best :thumbsup: