PDA

View Full Version : pre-registration ofsted visit- very nervous about this

julie74
07-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Hi i havent been on this forum before but i am at present on my childminding courses and first aid courses. I am in need of some help and advice on when i get the pre registration ofsted visit, what do i need to have to show them and what type of things will they ask, i am getting so nervous thinking about it all and sometime keeps me up at night stressing about what will happen. if any one could give some advice and help i would be very grateful.:)

the happy house
07-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Aw, bless ya julie!

First of all hello from someone also pre-reg! I've been a childminder before, then thought the grass was greener elsewhere, but now back as I discovered it wasn't!

Now.... DON'T PANIC!!!!!!
Have you filled in your 'preparing for your registration visit' form? Your inspector will ask questions from that most likely. They'll want to see your house and garden and want to see how you have (or are going to) made the place safe for children.
They won't expect you to have everything in place, as long as you can tell what you WILL do. It doesn't matter if you haven't got your policies all written as long as you can tell what your policies will be.

I've got my pre-reg visit on wednesday, so I'll let you know how it goes and what to expect. They're not as scary as you imagine.

Best of luck x

sarah707
07-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Ofsted come out on a pre-reg to find out how much you know and to help you fill in the gaps.

The inspector will ask you lots of questions but you can ask some back too, if there's anything you are not sure about.

pre-reg is not a test! You'll be fine :D

julie74
08-11-2010, 01:24 PM
thank you for your advice, i have not got any forms yet i am on mt 2nd course and then have 2 first aid courses to do.

CHUNKY MONKEY
09-11-2010, 08:50 AM
Hi Julie, they will ask questions from your registration booklet, check your home is safe and if you have not covered certain areas (like locks on draws you can tell them that you are aware of what safety measures you will need in place etc) :D

They are there to help this time! Try to make sure you have knowledge on the EYFS 6 areas of learning, Every child matters outcomes, 4 themes and your reg booklet. If you have time you can do a to do/buy list to show them you have thought about areas you need to improve on. :D

Have you done any policies?

julie74
10-11-2010, 06:09 AM
Thank you chunky monkey i am going to write out a booklet about me my family and info on what the children will be learning to do and what places i will go to, my risk assesments. i have not done any policies yet which is the part i am nervous about.

CHUNKY MONKEY
10-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Hi Julie, I will pm you :D

julie74
12-11-2010, 07:29 AM
I cant get hold of the eyfs book as they not got any and was told to download and print all the pages off , this will end up costing me a lot of money and i would like the pack as it comes with a cd rom.where can i get one from

CHUNKY MONKEY
12-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Pm me your address and I will see if my DH can copy the CD rom for you. Call back and say you don't have access to internet and see if they will send it, say your a childminder and it's a requirement that the EYFS is in place.:)