PDA

View Full Version : Not sure where it goes??

daisychain0208
07-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi

I am working on a learning diary for a 10 month old baby and she is facinated by my cat! She crawls around the house following him and the cat loves the attention..

Based on her affection for the cat I took her to a working farm and she loved seeing the animals especially a couple of ponies.

Can I link this into the EYFS and if so, where would it go? I have looked through the non statutory frame work but cant see where to put it :o

Any help would be appreicated.

Many Thanks

xx

sarah707
07-11-2010, 03:07 PM
When you are linking activities to the Eyfs you need to look at the guidance document where the 6 areas of learning and development are detailed.

Look for the sections around the child's age and stages of development... so if you are caring for a 1 year old, look at the development matters statements around that age.

then you can start linking what you see and hear to the statements... for example, caring for animals will come under Personal, social and emotional development (PSED) and learning about animals will link somewhere to Knowledge and Understanding of the World (KUW).

Does that make sense? :D