PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for advertising

Newbie1!
06-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Hi guys, I wonder if anyone could give me some recommendations for places/means of advertising just in case Ive missed anything!!! :blush: :blush:

Thank u luv u all. xxxx

keeks
06-11-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm on childcare.co.uk and thinking of going on netmums too. When my business cards arrive I'll go round family friendly cafes, surgeries and various venues in my area and drop some off. I'm also going to talk to the local schools, but I think they may not let you put anything up that is for profit. We have a "Family Grapevine" with local info, there were some cm ads in there so going to contact them.

Good luck!!!

xx

Katiekoo
06-11-2010, 07:30 PM
I listed myself (for free) as a business on google maps, you must be sure you don't mind having your home address shown of course! It puts a little flag in your location on the map and people can search for example; 'oxford childminder' and your listing will pop up.

Katiekoo
06-11-2010, 07:31 PM
note: if you post on netmums childcare noticeboard - be sure to put the name of the town you are in. When I was looking for a childminder I was really frustrated coz lots of people didn't put where they were and could be anywhere in the county.

pinkbutterfly
06-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Don't forget yellow pages and thompson local. You get an almost instant web listing and the info gets printed in the directory as well. It's free.
Most of my work came through netmums.com. They either contacted me through my advert or I contacted them through theirs. Childcare.co.uk is also good.

pinkbutterfly
06-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Keeks funny you mentioned "Family Grapevine" I contacted them and they said they don't allow childminding listings as there are too many. They'd be happy to print a paid advert though.

keeks
06-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Keeks funny you mentioned "Family Grapevine" I contacted them and they said they don't allow childminding listings as there are too many. They'd be happy to print a paid advert though.

That's interesting, perhaps these are paid for, but they were not like proper ads, just like listings. Will get in touch with them as soon as my certificate arrives. Depending on price it may be worth paying for an ad?

xx

mrs_scottydog
06-11-2010, 11:24 PM
We have a Parish Magazine, goes to every house in our village, which I've got an advert in for a year. I've had to pay for it though. Hx

Pauline
07-11-2010, 09:37 AM
You could try Vista street - see this thread: http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=38959

and don't forget to put yourself in the forum vacancies section :thumbsup:

candy cat
07-11-2010, 09:43 AM
or build a website.....think pauline does them or there are loads of companies that you can build your own

Pauline
07-11-2010, 11:57 AM
or build a website.....think pauline does them or there are loads of companies that you can build your own

Thanks Tabitha, yes I do - www.childminderswebsites.co.uk

:)

keeks
07-11-2010, 03:13 PM
[QUOTE=pinkbutterfly;811763]Keeks funny you mentioned "Family Grapevine" I contacted them and they said they don't allow childminding listings as there are too many. They'd be happy to print a paid advert though.[/QUOTE

Yes you are absolutely right, the ones I saw were childcare agencies (for nannies etc), didn't look properly as per usual... :o

xx

Newbie1!
07-11-2010, 03:34 PM
You could try Vista street - see this thread: http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=38959

and don't forget to put yourself in the forum vacancies section :thumbsup:

Thanks Pauline - have tried this before but got confused about what category I put it in as I couldnt find anything for childminders???

Newbie1!
07-11-2010, 03:35 PM
We have a Parish Magazine, goes to every house in our village, which I've got an advert in for a year. I've had to pay for it though. Hx

Thank u - this is one thing that I did come across luckily last month - my local parish council are developing a "trusted local businesses directory" and I have been put forward for that but it doesnt come out til January and I need the business now!!!x

Newbie1!
07-11-2010, 03:36 PM
note: if you post on netmums childcare noticeboard - be sure to put the name of the town you are in. When I was looking for a childminder I was really frustrated coz lots of people didn't put where they were and could be anywhere in the county.

Thanks chick, am on Netmums but am pages away and when I update it it still leaves me there - is there anyway I can bump up to first page??x

Newbie1!
07-11-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm on childcare.co.uk and thinking of going on netmums too. When my business cards arrive I'll go round family friendly cafes, surgeries and various venues in my area and drop some off. I'm also going to talk to the local schools, but I think they may not let you put anything up that is for profit. We have a "Family Grapevine" with local info, there were some cm ads in there so going to contact them.

Good luck!!!

xx

Thanks Keeks, my pre-school has let me put a poster up for £1 a month (bargain!!!) and my local papershop has put me a poster in for free. Cant find anything like family grapevine for us tho :( :( I need to try and think of something thats quick, cost effective and will hit maximum people in minimum time...have got to get some business asap now Ive left work! :panic: :panic: :panic: xxx

Pauline
07-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Thanks Pauline - have tried this before but got confused about what category I put it in as I couldnt find anything for childminders???

I see what you mean - I think I would go for 'services' > 'other services' nothing to lose if it is free! :)

Newbie1!
07-11-2010, 05:53 PM
I see what you mean - I think I would go for 'services' > 'other services' nothing to lose if it is free! :)

Thanks Pauline, have done that, xx

pinkbutterfly
08-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Thanks chick, am on Netmums but am pages away and when I update it it still leaves me there - is there anyway I can bump up to first page??x

You have to delete your old advert and post a new one. If you just edit it it will change the content but you'll still be on the same page.

Toothfairy
08-11-2010, 09:45 AM
Childminding Forum
Childcare.co.uk
Netmums
Mumsnet
Gumtree
Yellow pages
Family & childrens Information Service (or whatever they call themselves now)
Your School's office often have lists of childminders that pick up from that school.
Get a magnetic advert for your car.

HTH :thumbsup: