PDA

View Full Version : childcare vouchers

juejue
05-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Does anyone else use childcare vouchers.

if so how does it work if......

we get paid direct into our bank and we are off. (We don't get paid if we are not available to work)

Do we have to give the parents the cash back. even thought they can not use the vouchers if they don't pay us.

or if we are off on holiday for 2 weeks say .....how do the parents pay another childminder. Do the have to use a childminder who has account with the same childcare vouchers company or can they use any company .

Hope you understand all this :blush:

miffy
05-11-2010, 11:31 PM
I am registered with several childcare voucher companies.

You can't refund any payments made through a voucher company directly to the parent (as they haven't paid tax or NI on it) it has to go back to the voucher company.

If parents need to pay another childminder then that cm would need an account with the voucher company the parent uses.

HTH's

Miffy xx

juejue
06-11-2010, 12:10 AM
I am registered with several childcare voucher companies.

You can't refund any payments made through a voucher company directly to the parent (as they haven't paid tax or NI on it) it has to go back to the voucher company.

If parents need to pay another childminder then that cm would need an account with the voucher company the parent uses.

HTH's

Miffy xx

Thanks miffy.
do you no how it works if parents claim full amount (what they can claim )but only have to pay us half of it.
That's got nothing to do with us has it.....its all down to the parent for claiming to much

blue bear
06-11-2010, 05:43 AM
you are not responsible for what they claim, you cannot refund any money back to them if they pay you too much, you have to refund it to the voucher company and they deal with the parent.

juejue
06-11-2010, 11:28 AM
thanks again for your help......mum pulling a fast one here. putting to much in bank and asking us for it back in cash.
Or if we are off she wants the cash back. We don't get paid for being off. so why she doesn't just put the right fee in for us i don't know .
she is in for a shock on monday. x

rickysmiths
06-11-2010, 11:52 AM
One of my parents pays all my money direct through his voucher company and it is nearly £900pm in total. Only £243 of that is the voucher entitlement. so as long as in this case, the refund for my sickness, is no more than £575 in a month I can give the parent a cheque for the refund.

If you only get up to £243 a moth in voucher money then as the others have said you have to refund this via the voucher company not to the parent. The other option if for the parent not to pay you or pay you as much the month following the sickness or unpaid days off if that makes sense.

rickysmiths
06-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks miffy.
do you no how it works if parents claim full amount (what they can claim )but only have to pay us half of it.
That's got nothing to do with us has it.....its all down to the parent for claiming to much

The parent can claim the full £243 a month if they earn enough. If your fees are less than this then the money is banked with the voucher company for the parent to use in the furture against childcare fees. This is the choice of the parent though and nothing to do with you.

However I do advise parents that they can bank voucher money before they need childcare for example when mum is off on Maternity leave dad can still bank £243 per month as can mum while her maternity/salery is enough to allow this. I have a parent starting with me for one day a week in Jan and then up to 2 in Feb. He was delighted when I told him he should be banking the £243 each month now if he can afford it.

I find HR depts are woefully bad at giving their employees information about how they can and when they can access the voucher schemes.