PDA

View Full Version : OFSTED coming !!

Lorraine B
05-11-2010, 07:20 PM
OFSTED lady is coming monday morning !!
I am starting to get very nervous as my baby had a big operation yesterday and we have just got out of hospital

All of my policies are done and my pre reg questions but im worried about what else i need to get done in the next 2 days aaargh can anyone offer some advice please ?
Oh and i have done my risk assessments.

Lorraine xxx

keeks
05-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Oh no, I hope your little one is ok! :( If you feel it is too stressful so soon after your baby had the operation I would consider cancelling the appt and get an extra week or so to prepare.

Sounds like you are prepared. If you are planning to put any safety features in place they should be happy with you just telling them what you plan on doing.

Good luck!
xxx

Katiekoo
05-11-2010, 07:35 PM
You will be fine I'm sure. It sounds like you are very organised, they don't expect you to have done everything at this stage - just have made a good start.
If you wanted to you could look at what your timetable might be for mindees, or what kinds of specific activities you can offer. I prepared my parents 'welcome pack' for Ofsted visit - it just had a sheet of paper all about me and one about the services I offer.

Is there anyone who can come and support you in looking after your baby? You will want to focus on the Ofsted visit I expect but also know your little one is being well looked after, although they are used to working around small children and will understand.

Try not to spend all weekend worrying and cleaning etc! :)

the happy house
05-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Hi Lorraine,

I have my pre-reg visit on wednesday. My inspector has already told me that I don't need to have all my polices done, or even my risk assessments... just as long as I can show I know what needs doing. But, like you, they're all done.
Don't worry about having everything already in place. I'm not buying any more equipment etc until I know what children I'm having. The inspector just needs to know that YOU know what needs to be done for different aged children.

Best of luck!!

Rain or Shine
05-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Mine is booked in for Wed next week!

Good luck xxxx

Lorraine B
05-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Thankyou everyone. My baby will be fine my mum had come to stay with me while he had his op and is now going to stay while i get monday sorted :)
All safety equipment is in place due to having a 13 month old who is in to everything :)
I have set up a webpage about my services so maybe I could print his off to show her what my intentions are with regard to activities etc..

Lorraine
xxxx

Lorraine B
07-11-2010, 04:56 PM
I am feeling very very nervous now :panic:

Just thought i would share it with you :)

WibbleWobble
07-11-2010, 07:09 PM
you will be fine....you will actually enjoy it in a strange way. Think of it as an opportunity to ask some questions....Mrs O is there to help and advise

good luck

mandy xxxxxxx

miffy
07-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Good luck for tomorrow - I'm sure you'll be fine

Miffy xx

Katiekoo
07-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Good luck - will be thinking of you!:)

Lorraine B
07-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Thankyou all so much I will update tomorrow :eek: