PDA

View Full Version : Not a happy bunny!

sweets
05-11-2010, 06:19 PM
sorry but i am going to usual moan that we often see on here about selfish parents.

Had 3 mindees today, one went home at 4pm on time, 2nd mum was 5 mins late at 4.30 because she got stuck in traffic, she text me to tell me and apologised profusely when she arrived, i completely understood and said no worries it happens to us all, it was only 5mins.

3rd mindee always used to get picked up by nana about 4.30 then they went on to pick mum up, then mum got new job up the road from me that finishes at 5 so would get here by 5.10-5.15, they never asked if that was ok, just presumed. lately tho pick up time has been getting later and later. today it was 5.40!!!!! i had rang both parents at 5.25 to see where they were but got no reply. they strolled up the garden path not rushing at all. i virtually threw the LO out the door saying im sorry but im going out, they then said oh yes so are we, come on quick quick.
I am doubly annoyed as dad has been off all day as he works shifts so why didnt he come early?
I am triply annoyed too as in all the rush i didnt ask for fees, these are my bad payers that have messed me about lately and are the only ones i let pay in arrears. I am planning on having serious words with mum on monday but i bet i dont. wimp that i am.

sarah707
05-11-2010, 06:22 PM
I'd be calling them in for a contract review.

The currently contracted hours clearly are not suiting them so I think they need changing and fees adjusting as well :D

venus89
05-11-2010, 06:23 PM
I've just waved hubby and kids off to fireworks because my mindee hasn't been picked up yet, when she's normally here by 5.45 and is meant to pick up by 6..... She lives in the same town as us, for crying out loud, and can't have failed to notice that the firework night started at 6. I am torn between frustration and being annoyed. Not sure she'll get a warm reception from me when she does show :angry:

miffy
05-11-2010, 11:35 PM
It's typical when others go early, there's another who's late being picked up!

Even more annoying when you know dad was off!

Think I would be very tempted to add a late collection charge :D

Miffy xx

wendywu
05-11-2010, 11:55 PM
I would change the contract to 6pm every night.

And never get paid in arrears. If they cannot pay monthly in advance then do weekly in advance.:panic:

blue bear
06-11-2010, 05:50 AM
you need to get tough, I had a family who I let be a bit lapse about pick up times, it started to grate as it was "oh I've been home and got Lo's tea started, or I went to the shop" finally snapped when I needed to get to an appointment where the guy had hung on after work for me, I 'knew' parents would not be late as they were watching the world cup and it finished 30 mins before pick up time, turned up 20 mins late and when I said I was cross they said "oh are we late?" then had a cheek to check their watches (yes both of them) and said they didn't think 10 mins late was a problem. I saw red, stayed proffesional but laid it on the line.

It has worked a treat, comes on time, asks me if I can have lo late if necessary, apologises if odd minute late due to traffic etc. We have a much better relationship now.

venus89
06-11-2010, 07:33 AM
Sorry, I was annoyed last night :blush: and didn't properly answer your post :blush: :blush: only when my late picking up Mum turned up - 3/4 hour late - then I was so narked with her I also failed to ask for my money. I agree with the others, time for a contract review with those parents. What got me, though, was that both yours and mine could easily have picked up on time and even on a night when it's very safe to assume people are going out for the night they decide not to. I hope you had a good evening in the end

sweets
06-11-2010, 07:46 AM
Sorry, I was annoyed last night :blush: and didn't properly answer your post :blush: :blush: only when my late picking up Mum turned up - 3/4 hour late - then I was so narked with her I also failed to ask for my money. I agree with the others, time for a contract review with those parents. What got me, though, was that both yours and mine could easily have picked up on time and even on a night when it's very safe to assume people are going out for the night they decide not to. I hope you had a good evening in the end

have to admit it took me a while to calm down :laughing: i rang a childminder friend that knows this family and had a good moan with her :laughing: i wasnt actually going out but they didnt know that.
i cant really do a contract reveiw as i charge a daily rate and not hourly and on my fees page it says its up to 5.30 but they have always picked up earlier, at the moment all my mindees are usualy gone by 5. They are soo different to my other mindees mum who was having a major panic because she was 5 mins late due to traffic.
I sent the mum a text last night which said in all the rush i forgot to get the fees off you and could they please bring them monday.

glad your turned up in the end, but its just NOT FAIR! that these parents are so lax with our time.