PDA

View Full Version : learning journel and fire practices

mrs coops
05-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Hi just a couple of quick questions reall. I have started a lj for my 20 mth old mindee and she has so many things she likes ie hats, climbing in things (tents/ storage baskets etc|) can i put photos of these with comments in her lj or do i need something seperate? also i am using her lj for obs should these be elsewhere? And when it comes to fire alarm practice do i do these with the lo or is she to young?? sorry its long winded but seriously confused dot com :laughing:

blue bear
05-11-2010, 03:46 PM
good practice is to carry out a fire practice once a term, all children you care for should be involved in a practice at least once a year - that is my understanding of it anyway.

There is no wrong way to do the LJ, it should be full of relevant info that reflects the child's learning either while with you, at home or else where.
Picture's of LO's favourite things are a good starting point and will form your planning, lots of people put the observations in the Lj, it keeps everything all in one place and if done chronological means it's easier to follow child's natural development.

hope this helps x.

mrs coops
05-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Thank you so much for that. you guys are all brill xxxxxxx:clapping:

IndigoMoon
05-11-2010, 06:44 PM
I do fire practises with all the children. I see it as testing my ability to get them all out safely not theirs so it has to be all of them - huge fun when you have a couple of non walkers...

WRT their learning journeys. Mine is just a file that everything gets put in and is separated off with those coloured card separators marked photos, planning, work, etc