PDA

View Full Version : trying to get nursery to share info..

rachelle
05-11-2010, 02:01 PM
(or to speak to me.. or infact child... no, shh didn't say that ;))

Does this read okay? softly, slowly, smile and deeeep breath!

Dear ...

As a childminder following the EYFS I would like to share some of my observations of x and his favourite activities at my home with you. The EYFS promotes all childcare settings working in partnership and as such I have obtained permission from both x's mum and dad to share aspects of his time with me, with nursery.

I keep a learning journal for x at my home which includes the West Sussex sheets on his starting points aswell as a photo diary of his time with me and any observations I have made. I am more than happy to share this folder, with his parents' permission with nursery. x also will always have his contact book in his bag in which I record a summary of his morning and what we've been up to.

It would help me to know what x's next steps are at nursery and what sort of activities he enjoys when there. I can then ensure I am working with you to support x on his learning journey as he progresses through the learning goals.

I look forward to working in partnership with you,

me x

Pipsqueak
05-11-2010, 02:11 PM
that reads fabby - well done.

i would send it to his key worker and cc it to the room manager AND to the nursery manager.

if you don't get anywhere I would then be noting somewhere that you have tried (keep copy of letter) and that you had no response/joy etc.

However, I really hope they do respond:thumbsup:

blue bear
05-11-2010, 03:56 PM
I send in photos of my house with the resources, child narrates comments and I write, this gives the nursery some idea of childs likes/dislikes.
I also send in a summative assement of child's learning once a term and ask for comments back. You could try asking them to write in the book in child's bag, an overview of child's day would be good but just wow moments would be better than nothing.

Your letter comes across as very professional, might steal some of your words if you don't mind?

rachelle
05-11-2010, 04:16 PM
please do!

Thankyou for replies -will email it over to his parents so they know what is being sent - oh and check I have those permissions mentioned:laughing:

catswhiskers
07-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Good luck in getting a response!

Andrea08
07-11-2010, 04:00 PM
sounds good hun we have a form that parents sign and is shared with all settings ...

if you dont get any joy i would write back to the setting and state that you have tried to work with EYFS and the shared info within settings and that the said nursery has not complyed and that you are now forced to contact ofsted as they have breached EYFS

its about time other settings take us seriously and not 2nd class childcare..

good luck x

miffy
07-11-2010, 07:08 PM
I hope you get somewhere.

I am still waiting for the local playgroup, school, after school club and nursery to ask me to share information with them!

Miffy xx

babs
07-11-2010, 07:39 PM
reads great... hope u get a reply good luck..