PDA

View Full Version : ANY IDEAS PLEASE

happydays1
05-11-2010, 01:56 PM
C the extent to which children behave in ways that are safe for themselves and others
Please any pointers with this, i have Sarahs SEF book which is absolutely the best but i am struggling with this one, i have started it about three times and deleted it again as it doesnt sound right :blush: so any starting points would be brill.

Thankyou in advance:)

sarah707
12-12-2010, 07:50 PM
It's about helping children to be safe... so it's the things you do to teach them about safety.

the focus of the question changed. It used to be talking about you how you involve them in risk assessing their play and in activities like road safety.

Now it's more how what you do to support them to be safe impacts on them.

So... I engage children in road safety activities such as xx and xx because the activities enable them to behave sensibly when crossing the road. I know this because parents have commented that...

I encourage the children to risk assess their own play so that they understand they need to stop and call me over if there is a problem in the playground. One of the 3 year old children noticed a broken plank on the slide and brought it to my attention. She understood that she was keeping both herself and the baby safe by showing me the plank.

Think about examples from your own practice that help you to answer the question... don't just say what you do, say how it impacts on the children as well.

hth :D

juelmer
25-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Just a quick note here, I never delete what I've wrote. I'm just going through the form now and I've saved a copy to my computer and I'm just jotting down notes on it for my first read through. Then I'll go back and add bits later and keep doing this until it sounds right. I find if I think about a question too long it will drive me crazy, so best to note some ideas down and move onto the next question. Then when you come back in a week or so you could end up seeing the question in a new light or jog your memory with new things to put down. Hope this helps, my form is a mess at the moment but an organised mess :panic: