PDA

View Full Version : Cloth nappies

Carol M
05-11-2010, 11:29 AM
I am just about to take on a lo who uses cloth nappies.
How do you deal with the hygiene issues after changing when you are out and about?
Do you use a specific container for dirty nappies or if you bag them,don't they pose a problem on a hot/long day out?
Advice would be much appreciated.
Carol xx

clio0602
05-11-2010, 11:37 AM
I empty the contents, liner etc in the bin and double bag (zippable wet bag and drawstring storage bag) them. Not had any problems. Its only 1 or 2 that are needed if its a short trip. Bit more difficult for day long trips tho its doable or maybe ask parents if you can use eco/ natural disposables on longer trips x

pinkbutterfly
05-11-2010, 11:39 AM
I use a special 'wet bag' when I'm out. If the nappy is soiled I don't clean it just put it in the wet bag and sort it when I get home. At home you should either have a bigger wet bag that can hold more nappies or a bucket with a lid.

Mouse
05-11-2010, 12:14 PM
One of my mums who used cloth nappies very rarely put a liner in them, so I used to send them home as they were. I wasn't going to start scrapping the contents out!
She started by sending a wet bag to put them in, but that stopped as well, so I just put them in a carrier bag, out of reach, by the front door. Wet ones went in the bag as they were, but dirty ones I tied up in a nappy sack first.

When we were out & about I did the same thing. If there was a liner in I'd flush it away, if not I just wrapped the nappy up, put it in a nappy sack & in a bag under the pushchair.

I have to be honest, I didn't ever notice a smell, even on a hot day.