PDA

View Full Version : mindee driving me potty

Hebs
05-11-2010, 08:53 AM
i have a mindee who is almost 2 (in 2 weeks time) and she is driving me potty

any toy that has a movable part (door, draw etc) she will pull the off, and i'm getting pretty annoyed about it

for example this week i bought a rocket ship from asda, it has 3 doors that open and she has pulled ALL the doors off and one has snapped and cant be put back on,

i bought some new wooden furniture for our dolls house and only opened it this morning and within 5 mins she has pulled the door off one of the units and snapped the wood :angry: :angry:

HELP before i go mad :panic:

emmadines
05-11-2010, 09:15 AM
can you charge the parent for a replacement??? i know shes two but surely she shouldnt be hat hard with toys???

its been a while since mine were two.

but then i also have 3 mindees one 8 one 6 and the other is 5 and they couldnt give two toots for anything in this house - but they are not naughty kids if you get what i mean....... just really careless

Hebs
05-11-2010, 09:26 AM
can you charge the parent for a replacement??? i know shes two but surely she shouldnt be hat hard with toys???

its been a while since mine were two.

but then i also have 3 mindees one 8 one 6 and the other is 5 and they couldnt give two toots for anything in this house - but they are not naughty kids if you get what i mean....... just really careless

i wouldnt mind if it happened accidentially but she pulls them off,
the door she pulled off this morning is wooden, and it had 2 doors so i pulled the 2nd door off (cos it looked silly with just 1 door!) and it was hard to do

she will pull the doors off then bring it to you to put back on then pull it off again, so i have stopped her playing with the rocket and took all the toys out that have movable parts but surely i shouldnt have to do this? I need a way of teaching her that it's wrong

emmadines
05-11-2010, 09:35 AM
i wouldnt mind if it happened accidentially but she pulls them off,
the door she pulled off this morning is wooden, and it had 2 doors so i pulled the 2nd door off (cos it looked silly with just 1 door!) and it was hard to do

she will pull the doors off then bring it to you to put back on then pull it off again, so i have stopped her playing with the rocket and took all the toys out that have movable parts but surely i shouldnt have to do this? I need a way of teaching her that it's wrong

its hard with two year olds - more so when their not your own...... Id surggest a bit of time out.... maybe someone will be here soon and have some ideas!

singlewiththree
05-11-2010, 09:40 AM
My mindee likes to pull things off too and he is 2yrs old. I've got one of those calendars with velcro pieces and he pulls them off and on again. I also have one of those cordz boards which is a velcro board that you put cords on to make a picture. I don't necessarily see it as them being naughty but they are just going through a phase of pulling things off and on and its a case of directing them to what they can pull and those that they can't. Like you said she cant go breaking things but she probably isn't going to stop until she moves onto the next thing. Another thing I did was print off pictures and blue tac them to my door and he pulls them off and on too. good luck

Hebs
05-11-2010, 09:55 AM
she isnt interested in things like that, i have things with velcro on my door but she doesnt bother with it and isnt interested in fuzzy felt

the only toys in the dolls house that she will play with are the ones she can pull the doors off (have now removed them all and she is no longer interested)

kindredspirits
05-11-2010, 11:17 AM
I had a mindee that did this - I let all the other children play with the usual toys, and put her on the other side of the room with some baby/non-breakable toys and told her than unless she was careful with the toys she'd only be able to play with baby toys...... took 3 times of being moved back to the baby toys for 30 mins at a go and she was more careful. (probably not very PC but at the end of the day they're not her toys to break and you know an accident from a deliberate break.)

Hebs
05-11-2010, 11:24 AM
I had a mindee that did this - I let all the other children play with the usual toys, and put her on the other side of the room with some baby/non-breakable toys and told her than unless she was careful with the toys she'd only be able to play with baby toys...... took 3 times of being moved back to the baby toys for 30 mins at a go and she was more careful. (probably not very PC but at the end of the day they're not her toys to break and you know an accident from a deliberate break.)

i wasnt sure if we could do this, thanks will try it once she wakes up :thumbsup:

mummyof3
05-11-2010, 11:44 AM
My mindees 21mths and just turned 2 are a nightmare for this. They pull doors off everything, they pull pictures off walls, they rips books - its a really destructive age I forgot what it was like having a 2yr old around :rolleyes:

The Juggler
05-11-2010, 01:29 PM
can you get some purpose built toys that are meant for construction/deconstruction maybe Hebs. Not sure what really, some type of lego houses or something maybe??

Maybe it's just the act of pulling and deconstructing they are enjoying - annoying though it is and they DO need to know what they can do it to and what they can't. Kindred's idea is good for them to learn but if you can also find some toys to support what they are looking to do that would help - however, am at a bit of a loss to suggest anything - sorry hon:(

Hebs
05-11-2010, 01:43 PM
yes i have lego, wooden blocks, wooden train set etc

funnily she goes mad if you pull her train set apart :rolleyes:

cher25
06-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Oooo don't blame you for being angry. I hope this is just a phase she is going through. Can't believe the rocket is ruined already! X