PDA

View Full Version : Chewing gum

emmadines
05-11-2010, 08:10 AM
urrrgggghhhhh - Is it me or am I the only one that thinks its horrid stuff!! more so when a 6 year old mindee comes in chewing it!

happydays1
05-11-2010, 08:29 AM
I hate it too, my little ones are not allowed chewing gum, they are 6 & 9 and they say well other children do but i wont give in.:)

AliceK
05-11-2010, 10:52 AM
There is no way my 6yr old DS would be allowed chewing gum and if a mindee turned up here chewing it I would make them put it in the bin. Children that age don't need to have chewing gum.

xxxx

charleyfarley
05-11-2010, 12:02 PM
One of my parents bought my dd 7 at the time a gumball machine for christmas last year :eek: Needless to say it went in the bin, cheap, nasty thing that it was.:panic:

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like chewing gum

Carol xx

HomefromHome
05-11-2010, 12:14 PM
my 2 yr old mindee (3 dec) has come in 2 mornings on the trot chewing it! :eek: and i'm really surprised - didnt think they would allow the child to! have said that they cannot have it whilst with me. end of. mindee is fine with that. (and mindee will go home saying that! hopefully)

Happy Bunny
05-11-2010, 12:16 PM
I made the mistake of buying my 8 yr old some :blush:
I found it stuck on the windowsill, on the carpet and left on the side.
Never again!!!!!

sweets
05-11-2010, 01:06 PM
i cant stand it when you see adults that are constantly chewing it! im sorry but i think it looks common :blush:

a piece now and again is fine, but one of my mindees mum is always chomping away while she talking! its horrible

miffy
05-11-2010, 11:32 PM
I wouldn't let mindees have chewing gum - never know where you might find it stuck! :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

IndigoMoon
06-11-2010, 08:56 AM
I don't let my teenagers have chewing gum let alone the minded children!

Walking around the city seeing all the people chewing on their gum is like looking out on the cow field watching the cows chew their cuds! :laughing:

mushpea
06-11-2010, 04:32 PM
used to have a 4yrold come in chewing it and i would make her go spit it in the bin straight away,, not only could she have choked on it but it would end up stuck somwhere it shouldnt be knowing her plus its not fair on the others if she has this and they dont

the same child also came with a pack of rollos in her pocket and i told her thats where they had to stay cause its not fair if shes eating sweets and the others arent,, cheeky girl hid round the corner about to eat them!! they went in my fridge till home time much to her disgust

Pixie dust
06-11-2010, 07:02 PM
HATE IT......won't let anyone have it in my house even hubby!

sillysausage
07-11-2010, 09:51 AM
I hate it too.....I think people look sooooo common when chewing it, particularly on tv such as football managers etc (or am I just being snobby lol!).

If the kids ask for a snowball from the icecream van (on the occasional treat may I add ;) ) I ask him not to put in the bubblegum at the bottom (rotten thing that I am lol)

Monkey26
07-11-2010, 10:10 AM
I am chewing a lot of gum at the moment but thats cuz it stops me biting my nails and as i am getting married on Friday i want semi-nice looking nails! Sorry to anyone it offends, i dont think i chew like a chav/common person/cow in a field though... :thumbsup: Kids and mindees, a big nono though xx

suzyblue
08-11-2010, 09:57 AM
I had a six year old girl start with me recently that comes in every day chewing gum. She chews it to school then puts it in her draw then back in her mouth at the end of the day! Yuk! Have told her she isnt to have chewing gum when with me.

Hebs
08-11-2010, 10:49 AM
why do you not like kids having chewing gum?

did you know it's recommended for kids who have problems like glue ear, and repeated ear infections??

i cant see an issue with a 8+ having it (ok maybe not in your home)

:huh: