PDA

View Full Version : SAFEGUARDING ADVICE!!!!!!

claire'scherubs
04-11-2010, 09:22 PM
I am in totally shock although now some things now make a little more sense.

I have been minding a LO for about 7 weeks now, he is 29 months.

Mum has just informed me that she now has to go to DV councilling and has been told that if she continues to see partner then she may lose M. Problem is M goes there every weekend and has seen the DV

Now, she told me all of this outside the school where we sometimes do a handover, so obviously couldn't ask too many questions and was obviously in shock.

HV is aware of it all, so is this child on the at risk register??

Tried ringing my DO to see what forms I should be filling in, should I be recording this and should i be in contact with anybody.

I have seen some behavioural issues which now make sense

Not got mindee again until next week, so should I talk to Mum more before I take any further steps or what?????

I really don't know what to do, I hate this part of the job.:(

Pipsqueak
04-11-2010, 09:54 PM
i think you need more information and clarification from her.
for instance i presume the partner cannot come to yours or collect/see the child. what does she want you to do if you bump into him when you have the child?

claire'scherubs
04-11-2010, 10:09 PM
i think you need more information and clarification from her.
for instance i presume the partner cannot come to yours or collect/see the child. what does she want you to do if you bump into him when you have the child?

From what I have gathered he goes to his Dad every weekend:eek:

I agree that I need more clarification, just do I need to start documenting what I know already and if so is there any specific form I need to fill in or just a diary note suffice?

sarah707
05-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Yes you need to start documenting what you have been told.

Also note anything with the child - different after weekends, saying things, doing things that might be inappropriate etc.

There isn't a specific form to use, just write it down.

Keep it as unemotional and factual as possible and date everything.

I think you need to speak to the health visitor confidentially and find out what you should do next for the child. As part of the Eyfs they are supposed to work in partnership with childminders and at the end of the day you are supporting the child.

I hope it all resolves itself quickly. xx