PDA

View Full Version : Husband´s CRB problem and not declaring income from mindee

luiza.t
04-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Hi all
Let me quickly gossip about my neighbour and ask your opinions.

She is going through the process of becoming registered, doing the ICP and filling in the application form. But she is worried as apparently her husband was caught carrying a small amount of cannabis back in 2002 when they even know each other yet...she says he´s got a paper from the police officer but he didn't go to jail or anything and she doesn't know if it is a caution and if it will show on his CRB jeopardizing her registration...

Another thing is that she got a prospect parent who says need her services on a very flexible basis with irregular days and times and lots of absences for weeks in a roll so my neighbour plans not to declare te payment from this child in case she looks after him...Will it be possible at all?

Daftbat
04-11-2010, 08:43 PM
I am noty sure tabout theCRB situation but i would still go ahead if I ws your neighbour.

As far as the payment information goes - if she is just starting out then its unlikely that this money will be sufficient to require tax being paid anyway but I would suggest to her that she keep records so that if she takes on other children and her income rises she would need to take it in to account.

claire'scherubs
04-11-2010, 09:39 PM
I can't see how she cannot declare the income, because obviously when they are there then she has to fill out an attendance record, etc etc???

TheBTeam
05-11-2010, 07:55 AM
Basically it is fraud not to declare the income, as others have said it is unlikely especially when all the costs to set up and run are taken into account to have to pay tax, so why not just be honest and declare it!! If you get done for fraud then you will lose the registration as you are not a fit and proper person, thereby jeopardising your chance to earn money from childminding.

I would think by the sounds of it the crb check thing will be okay, definitely worth trying to register still.

Pauline
06-11-2010, 09:08 AM
Even if the payments took you above the tax threshold, the small amount of tax to pay is better than a hefty fine and possible jail sentence for tax avoidance!!!

Just not worth the risk or sleepless nights. :panic:

flowerpots
06-11-2010, 10:44 AM
the cannabis caution will show up on his crb for sure and it will always show up. my new assistant has just had her crb done and a caution for holding cannabis while she was at school showed up (havent decided wether or not to take her on yet) but when i checked with ofsted they said it shouldnt be a problem and they will contact her to see if she is suitable to work with children.

she should def declare the income, its going to be such a small amount its not really going to make any difference anyway.

xxxxxxxx

jellybean cc
07-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Is she going to keep a space open for this child all the time or is she not going to include him in her numbers and have him as well. Its going to be hard to keep a space for him, as it sounds she will loss a lot of money when he is away.

charlie potato
07-11-2010, 12:19 AM
unfortunately alot of us do things as kids we're not proud of. xx :blush:

Daftbat
07-11-2010, 09:17 AM
I think it's a shame that the OP feels the need to in her words "gossip" about her neighbour.

As someone else has said - many people have things in the past that they are not proud of but people have to be given the chance to rectify them and get on with their lives. I am sure that Ofsted will advise about the CRB and the indiviual themselves will sort out the tax issues hopefully but either way its not any of our business and the lady herself can ask for advice as and when she wants it.

Sorry - I don't wish to offend I just feel that people should not be judged.

welshcake
07-11-2010, 09:45 AM
It will definatly show up, i am ex police and they are kept on your record due to the nature of the crb required there are different levels of crb checks and unfortuantly due to working close and sometimes alone with children they have to have a full check crb.

the paper sounds as if it is a caution, regardless of this a caution is only given when he admits the offence and his fingerprints and photograph are still kept on file. If then he is arrested again they will take that offence into account, so basically it is a slap on the wrist with a warning. x

Mookins
07-11-2010, 05:00 PM
the friend is surely gonna be caught out eventually especially if the parent then claims for child care through tax offices!!!

all comes back eventually

xx