PDA

View Full Version : Behaviour management tonight

snufflepuff
04-11-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm off to college tonight to start a 5 week behaviour management course and I'm really nervous! I'm not good in new situations, places and people i don't know etc, i have butterflies already.
Has anyone done behaviour management? What was it like? Is it useful?

manjay
04-11-2010, 02:22 PM
I'm off to college tonight to start a 5 week behaviour management course and I'm really nervous! I'm not good in new situations, places and people i don't know etc, i have butterflies already.
Has anyone done behaviour management? What was it like? Is it useful?

I have done bits and pieces many moons ago but not a specific course. I have a full day one on Saturday delivered by Sheila Riddell-Leach which I am really looking forward to.

Go in looking confident as I bet most of the others will be feeling the same way;) . Enjoy:thumbsup:

gigglinggoblin
04-11-2010, 03:32 PM
I am in the middle of a 2 evening session course. There were some good ideas but other stuff i didnt agree with. Luckily the lady running it says she likes a debate! Some people talked lots, others didnt say a word. Hope you enjoy it!

snufflepuff
04-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Hmm, i did think it might be the kind of course that will spark a good debate....one that im likely to stay well out of but will enjoy watching from the sidelines of course!

sarah707
04-11-2010, 06:38 PM
We had a huge debate through a recent behaviour management course and lots of interesting points came up.

Enjoy! :D

Noomie
04-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Good Luck! You'll love it, I'm sure. Hope you do enter some debates as you have many sensible things to contribute.

xx

miffy
04-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Hope it's gone OK!

Miffy xx

Ali56
04-11-2010, 09:43 PM
How did it go?:)

snufflepuff
05-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Thank you ladies, it went well. There are three other childminders (one of which was the tutor from my ICP course, lol!) and the rest are ladies who work in special needs schools with much older children- lots of ASD etc. So i'm thinking part of the course will be irrelevant for me at present but no harm in learning new things either way.
Quite looking forward to the rest of itreally, if only because it's getting me out of the house and doing something for me, keeping my brain ticking etc.