PDA

View Full Version : confused about ratios

donnamarie2
04-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Hi, Can anyone help i have 3 children of my own and on my reg cert it says no more than 3 under 8 of these not more than 2 in early years group and of these none may be 1 year at any time.
Im confused by the 1 year old bit as i was led to believe you could only have 1 child under 1?
I'm asking as ive had an enquiry for a child who is 5 months older than my youngest (14months) so does this mean i wouldnt be able to have them?
Thanks

minkzebell
04-11-2010, 01:33 PM
how old was your youngest when the certifcate was produced? it could be that your child was the 1 that you are allowed under 1 ifswim

christine e
04-11-2010, 01:38 PM
I would give Ofsted a call, it would seem that your own little one was under 1 when you first applied, the onus is on us to get in touch and ask them to amend when a child moves into another age group.

Cx

guest2
04-11-2010, 01:48 PM
I think it means that you can have a total of three minded children aswell as your own children.

Two of those minded three children can be aged over 1 year and up to 5 years and 1 can be aged over 5years up to 8 years, but you cannot take babies or children under 1 year this will probably be because of the age of your own children how old are your children by the way?

Hope this helps

donnamarie2
04-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Thanks for that ive just rung ofsted and it was a mistake they had missed out the under part for my under1 .
My kids are 1 , 6& 7 it just threw me when it said only 1 1year old !

guest2
04-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Thanks for that ive just rung ofsted and it was a mistake they had missed out the under part for my under1 .

Oh well glad you got it sorted!!