PDA

View Full Version : Getting paid direct into the bank.

Delly
11-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Does anyone else get paid direct into the bank? My mindee's mum said she would prefer to do that so I gave her my details last week, and she said she would pay in this weeks money.

Have minded LO all week, and still not had any money, it's not gone in the bank yet, she is contracted to pay in advance and i must say i'm pretty annoyed.

I wouldn't mind but the LO I look after is well worth every penny I earn, she's so much hard work, I can't believe I have done this week for nothing!!..

Going to email her now. NOT HAPPY !!!!!!:angry:

NikNak
11-04-2008, 10:40 AM
A direct debit takes a while to set up and she might have done it too late for it to go into your account for that particular week. Sometimes if that happens you will get double the following week and then it should return to normal. If you dont get double next week ask her for what is owed in cash or cheque.

I am having problems with a busy bees e-voucher scheme and have been minding a full timer mindee for last 3 weeks and not recieved a penny from parent or voucher scheme! I know what you mean by feeling annoyed!

Lou
11-04-2008, 10:41 AM
yes i do by one parent.

its always fine and on time, but i think that might be coz we both bank with the same bank iyswim.

i think sometimes it can take 3-5 days to g through, in which case they would have to pay it earlier to make sueyou get it on time

sarah707
11-04-2008, 11:33 AM
I can take a while to set up... just ask for a weeks' cash in advance and make up a form saying you'll pay it back at the end of the contract when you're paid up to date! :D

Tatia
11-04-2008, 12:31 PM
I've been paid that way and actually quite liked it. We didn't have any trouble and the mum always ut the payment in early so it was there for first day of service.

Twinkles
11-04-2008, 12:38 PM
I much prefer to be paid like this. They can't 'forget ' your money and it's just lesss hassle all round.
Like the others have said it can take a while to set up a standing order so ask for cash for this week.

Noodles
11-04-2008, 12:46 PM
yes i do by one parent.

its always fine and on time, but i think that might be coz we both bank with the same bank iyswim.

i think sometimes it can take 3-5 days to g through, in which case they would have to pay it earlier to make sueyou get it on time

I agree with the above if she is just transfering the money into your account on a weekly basis and has a different bank to you it will take a few days . One of my past parents used to use internet banking and the transfer took about 4 working days befor it hit my account

Monkey1
11-04-2008, 01:12 PM
I would mention it to mum and just ask her to make sure its there on the set day as in your contract or late payment fees will be incurred

Pudding Girl
11-04-2008, 01:23 PM
I am paid like this too ( for now, swapping to kiddivouchers at end of month) and yes online transfer takes as long as a cheque does to clear - so arrange for it to be sent out of their account a few days before you want it clearing.

I hadn't realised this, but I CBA to change it now as they are changing payment method anyway in a few weeks. I'll know for future mindees though!

emler
11-04-2008, 01:26 PM
I prefer to be paid this way too. Like everyone has said already, it can take time to set up but hopefully things will run smoothly from then on.

Emler x

miffy
11-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Just check with mum that she's actually set it up (not forgotten or anything) and hopefully you'll get the money soon

It's irritating I know because I have a parent who's just switched to busy bees vouchers and we've had a few teething troubles with it.

miffy xx

John
11-04-2008, 08:31 PM
I don't like bank payments myself it's cash or cheuqe for me as you know when your going to be handed it and know where you stand, getting the right amount and you know it will be put in to your account. But that's me old fashioned lol.

John.

ajs
11-04-2008, 08:33 PM
2 of my mums pay straight into the bank and we've had no problmes whatsoever

but do not forget the 4 week 5 week month so make sure she adjusts it accordingly

manjay
11-04-2008, 08:40 PM
I much prefer to be paid straight into my bank account. Really can't be doing with going to the bank to pay cheques in. Cash is way too easy to spend before it gets paid in! and it helps your credit rating if paid in directly. Internet banking takes 4 days to hit your account - this is how mine pay so they know to send it before it is due. Standing orders will usually hit your account 2 working days after it has left their account.

I think you will have to work out with mum when she is sending it and how long it is taking. She will then have to do it in time or incur a late payment charge.

Hope you get it sorted

amanda xx