PDA

View Full Version : ratios!! If only money wasnt an issue

samkeddy
04-11-2010, 12:22 PM
hi everyone,
Just need a little moan as today is one of the days i do a school pick up!!

why do we have to be restricted on under 5's!:D
with having a 3 and 1 year old of my own i only have 1 under 5 place, i look after 3 under 5s at different times and adore them, make my job all woth while!!:D :D

Just wish i didnt need money as much as the older children tire me out so much!

Anyone else wish they could just look after little ones all day?

Feel like im wishing my girls life away at min as when their in school and i have 3 under5 places there will be much more earning potential so may not have to work 8-6, 6 days a week!!!!!!!!

sorry for the whinge:D

Bananabrain
04-11-2010, 12:52 PM
I wish I could only have schoolies! LO's are just such hard work. An endless round of bottles, food and nappies. Double buggy making me crazy this week!
Much rather have juniors that are up for cooking, crafts, quizzes etc.
Much easier!
Actually, just LO's or just schoolies. It's when you mix the 2 that it all goes Pete Tong:laughing:

Lady Haha
04-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Actually, just LO's or just schoolies. It's when you mix the 2 that it all goes Pete Tong:laughing:

I found that one out the hard way!!!!! I only have schoolies now!

clio0602
04-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Yes I have 1,2,4,6 and 9yr olds if the 1,2 and 4yr old are together its lovely but add the 6yr old and all hell breaks loose (9yo mine so he here anyway lol) If I ever loose the afterschool don't think I would take any more on.

Ideally I would like 3 x 2yr olds ( potty trained of course lol) together full time :D x

samkeddy
04-11-2010, 01:11 PM
[QUOTE=Actually, just LO's or just schoolies. It's when you mix the 2 that it all goes Pete Tong:laughing:[/QUOTE]

Yes your probably right! I end up with a 9mth old, 1,2,6&8 for a fw hours after school and its the hardest few hours ever!!!!! Noones ever happy:(

minkzebell
04-11-2010, 01:46 PM
I just had older ones last year, and when they went ( I was sooooooo glad :blush: ) I couldn't wait to get some babies in the house again:) I think if you have older ones for a while it's a lovely change to care for younger ones and vice versa

PixiePetal
04-11-2010, 03:34 PM
mine are all 3 or under - just how I like it :thumbsup:

No more schoolies (except for odd days of ex mindees) since mine went to high school. Oh! the freedom of no school runs :laughing: :thumbsup:

I agree that the mix of ages is most tiring

teacake2
04-11-2010, 03:47 PM
I have got 3 who are just 2 years old, 2 full time, 1 part time, no pre-school, nursery or school runs that is the best part for me, they can be a right handful though at times, but afternoons are great, they still all need a sleep and all go together, heaven:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Teacake2

clare78
04-11-2010, 03:56 PM
we have a 7mth, 10 and a half mth, a twoyr old, nearly 3yr old(ds) and after school we have 2x 5yrs, 8yrs. all boys except the 2yr old.

and i agree the few hours after school is the hardest three hours every night.(keeping everyone happy, making meals and the baby getting some sleep)

i was starting to think the other day of just doing under 5s

after 3pm its so noisy and very tiring

caz3007
04-11-2010, 04:17 PM
I wish I could afford to do one or the other. Like someone else suggested the two hugely different groups dont mix too well. I have done just after schoolies and it was great, had the day to myself. Now I have a mixture of ages, all part time and the bit after school is really tiring. I havent put my fees up in years to my after schoolies, so have today made a huge decision not to cook an evening meal for them as they all go by 5 and its horrendously busy. Now I have to pluck up the courage to write a letter to the parents

breezy
04-11-2010, 05:12 PM
I loathe school runs ( i do 3 a day) I love toddlers, not keen once they pass 5 years old:laughing:

karensmart4
04-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Yes I have 1,2,4,6 and 9yr olds if the 1,2 and 4yr old are together its lovely but add the 6yr old and all hell breaks loose (9yo mine so he here anyway lol) If I ever loose the afterschool don't think I would take any more on.

Ideally I would like 3 x 2yr olds ( potty trained of course lol) together full time :D x

The terrible twos :laughing:

crazyhazy
04-11-2010, 06:32 PM
I'm the same with my own two taking up two of my under 5 places and will be glad to have another one to fill when my eldest starts school next august. I love looking after my one baby mindee, she's 8m and an advert for the perfect baby which probably helps. I do find schoolies harder, or at least my 9y old is, always wanting me to provide activities although she is getting better at amusing herself, the 12y is fab though, great with the baby and my own two love her cos she plays so well with them.

Chimps Childminding
04-11-2010, 07:50 PM
June had 1 under 3 today, and I had 2 and we had a lovely day. Then the after schoolies arrived :eek: 2 x 4 year old, 1 x almost 6 (all girls) and 1 x 10 year old boy and it was mayhem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They jumped all over place, shouted and screamed by the time they went my head was banging:panic:

Would love to have littlies on one day and schoolies on another - mixing doesn't work very well, especially at this time of the year!!!

Adiamond
04-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Only under 3's here, I have a 1 year old, a 10 month old, a 17 month old and a 2 1/2 year old at different days/times of the week.

Last year I had 2 after schoolies a 5 year old and his 8 year old brother.
My DS who is also 8 really doesn't like me having the older ones it somehow makes him really naughty and horrible and he isn't like that at all so I decided I would only mind LO's and it is working just fine at the minute :D x x x

julie w
04-11-2010, 10:10 PM
I really wish I could just mind pre school children, but when they turn 3 and start school I just cant say 'goodbye' find someone else. I get so attatched.

nokidshere
05-11-2010, 08:00 AM
I only do after schoolies now. I have two 6 year olds and the rest are 8+. I have the day to myself and the children are easy peasy in comarison to little ones.

The only bugbear is cooking dinner - I find it soooo boring :laughing: