PDA

View Full Version : Temp contract, council is supposed to pay ... I'm a bit lost ...

pinkbutterfly
04-11-2010, 11:25 AM
I just agreed to mind two afterschoolies one day a week for a period of time while mum goes on training. I was contacted yesterday by somebody from SureStart Centre. They mentioned that council will pay me but did not mention how I'm supposed to claim. I assume I do the usual paperwork ... contracts, child's record forms and permissions. Should I put a special note in the contract or something? I don't know ... she's coming later today to sign the contract and I'm having the children today as well ... I don't want to make any mistakes ...
Any advice appreciated.

The Juggler
04-11-2010, 11:52 AM
i do the usual contracts and paperwork with parents here hon and then there is usually a separate three party contract the council, you and parents sign where council say they will pay you.

Get onto them fast and make sure payment paperwork is in place. I usually get paid half in advance/half arrears (mid-month payment) so I get invoices and timesheets in on 1st day of month then if I work extra I add that charge onto the next month.

Pixie dust
04-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Make sure it is confirmed who is actually paying you so that they don't back out. Get some form of written confirmation to cover your self.