PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a folding changing table?

Mouse
04-11-2010, 10:04 AM
HAve you got any recommendations?

I usually change mindees on a mat on the floor, but it's really doing my back in. Much as I'd love one, I haven't got room for a permanent changing table, so wondered how sturdy folding ones are.

guest2
04-11-2010, 10:10 AM
We had a wall mounted one at nursery it was quite sturdy and had storage pockets on it for things like baby wipes, cotton wool and gloves etc it had a weght restriction on it but I think most changing units do anyway!

Otherwise you would probably be looking at one of the ones you see in service station changing rooms!!

Not sure where we got our chaning unit from but if you did a google search it's bound to bring something up!!

Hope this helps a little

:thumbsup:

mummyMia
04-11-2010, 10:29 AM
Ikea seems to have an inexpensive one:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80141708

I haven't actually seen it so not sure how sturdy it is. Next time I am at Ikea I will be having a good look. I hate changing nappies on the floor too. All the folding ones that come up on google seem to be soooo expensive and really ugly too:(

rickysmiths
04-11-2010, 02:44 PM
I avoid getting down on the floor at all costs!!! I use a table with a pvc cloth ontop of which I put the changing mat so it can all be cleaned. I have never had a child fall off because I am with them all the time.

I don't and never had room for a changing table. I would have killed my back changing on the floor all these years.

Carol M
04-11-2010, 02:48 PM
I got a wall mounted one from TTS or Hope (can't quite remember which)
Cost about £175 but the best thing I have ever done! My poor old knees and back were giving me pain changing so many nappies each day.
Dh fixed it to wall in downstairs loo. Can't stress enough how wonderful it is.
For a while , prior to getting this changer ,I adapted a wooden potting bench from B&Q!! Dh put castors on the legs so at end of day i just wheeled it into garage:)
carol xx

Alibali
04-11-2010, 07:44 PM
I have a folding one similar to this ikea one, but folds even narrower. I LOVE IT - it is my best piece of equipment ever, couldn't live without it, it lives behing the door in my playroom, no one even knows it's there. Highly recommend it.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50144765

Mouse
04-11-2010, 08:08 PM
I have a folding one similar to this ikea one, but folds even narrower. I LOVE IT - it is my best piece of equipment ever, couldn't live without it, it lives behing the door in my playroom, no one even knows it's there. Highly recommend it.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50144765

What make is yours Ali?

I've been looking at that Ikea one & think it would be best. I like the ones that are fixed to the wall, but haven't even got that much wall space free!

Thanks for your input everyone.

Chimps Childminding
04-11-2010, 08:16 PM
I have seen the Ikea wall mounted one, and it does appear to be quite sturdy, certainly heavy when June and I were examining it :blush: I don't have any wall space available either, and at present I use the floor, but to be honest I am finding it harder and harder to get back up :( so may have to look into buying a changing table at some point!!!

Alibali
04-11-2010, 08:21 PM
What make is yours Ali?

I've been looking at that Ikea one & think it would be best. I like the ones that are fixed to the wall, but haven't even got that much wall space free!

Thanks for your input everyone.

I don't know the make of mine as the label has been cut off, got it from e-bay for 99p!!!! Best bargain ever. The ikea one is similar with the pockets etc.

IndigoMoon
04-11-2010, 08:33 PM
I bought a cheap folding one with metal legs from kiddicare. It was ok but nothing special. Instead of getting back ache I got booted in the chest so went back to doing them on my knees...

Dizzy Ducklings
04-11-2010, 09:47 PM
I've got no advice, just wanted to say I'm so glad I found this post as I have been swithering over what to do when I move...

...I have a Changing station in my bathroom just now and I couldn't have cope with my sturdy son without it! lol

But moving to a house with a downstairs loo but it's very tight so was looking for a wall mounting one... Glad I don't have to go down the route of those plastis things in restruants now! :clapping:

guest2
05-11-2010, 08:26 AM
We had a wall mounted one at nursery it was quite sturdy and had storage pockets on it for things like baby wipes, cotton wool and gloves etc it had a weght restriction on it but I think most changing units do anyway!

Otherwise you would probably be looking at one of the ones you see in service station changing rooms!!

Not sure where we got our chaning unit from but if you did a google search it's bound to bring something up!!

Hope this helps a little

:thumbsup:

Just looking at the other posts and it's sounds like the changing unit we had at the nursery was from Ikea the descriptions other people have given are very similar!!