PDA

View Full Version : OMG Just had a message :0

Tink
04-11-2010, 06:54 AM
:eek: Just had a message from a mum to be in January, asking if I can take her baby in February who will be 4 weeks old!!!!

She has asked my availability and can she come and meet me?

I'm a little shocked 4 weeks old, not sure what to say to her

IndigoMoon
04-11-2010, 07:13 AM
The youngest I have had was that age and it was fine. No attachment problems and you get to know baby naturally over time as they grow and develop the same as you would your own. I never regretted having one so young. Mind you the parent is excellent too and I think that's half the battle. :)

Pixie dust
04-11-2010, 07:46 AM
I am going to be looking after a 2 week old in a weeks time, she is the sister of the family I look after now. Mum has to go back as she has her own busisness but she will only work minimum hours poss I do think it's a sad that she has to do it I couldn't have left mine so young.

Tink
04-11-2010, 07:48 AM
That's my feelings, the early stages of a baby are so precious and I wouldn't have wanted my daughter going into childcare at such a young age.
I understand mums have to return to work I have just never been in this situation before with such a young baby.
Always taken them from 6 months

Chatterbox Childcare
04-11-2010, 09:07 AM
sometimes parents have no choice.

Pixie dust
04-11-2010, 09:15 AM
sometimes parents have no choice

That is the suituation with my mindee family all I can do is support them, mum doesn't want to go back but has no choice as she is self-employed and needs the money. She is going to work the least hours she can just enough to get by on.

charlie potato
04-11-2010, 09:44 AM
There didnt used to be the mat leave that there is now. I was back at work with my 7 yr old when he was 3 month old. Would have loved to have what they have now. xx

ORKSIE
04-11-2010, 11:34 AM
sometimes parents have no choice.

That is very true....Sad, but true:(

xx

The Juggler
04-11-2010, 11:50 AM
i didn't think you could go off mat leave until 6 weeks after baby is born??

maisiemog
04-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Nope the legal minimum is 2 weeks, goes up to 4 if the mum works in a factory.

I personally couldn't stand the thought of leaving my baby that young but I was lucky that my company had a great maternity package and I got to take almost a year off with her.

rickysmiths
04-11-2010, 01:32 PM
When I started minding in 1994 the maternity leave was not as generous and it was quite uaual for mums to be back at work when babies were 6 weeks old.

As IndegoMoon said much easier to settle them at that age.

karen m
04-11-2010, 02:43 PM
i have one who is now 8 weeks but had her from 3 weeks ,it is good although mum does tend to forget essential items as in a rush to get hereat 8 after being up at 4.30 to take dad work as she needs car the sister who is 3.6 is then ratty fter disturbed sleep but if they need to work they need to work

maryp0ppins
04-11-2010, 05:08 PM
WOW that is young. Just have the meeting & see what comes of it.....it may be a good thing for you.

I think I would have a child that young, if I was sure I could fit it into my routine.

Let us know how you get on x

Tinglesnark
05-11-2010, 07:46 AM
i would most deffinately take a baby that young! how exciting! then again i am mrs broody at the moment! I agree, if they have to go out to work to ensure that the baby has a roof over its head then who are we to judge? after all would we be using this forum if everyone chose to stay at home with their children?
i hope that whatever you decide to do works out for the best! if it were me id have my sling in the wash and steriliser at the ready! lol!