PDA

View Full Version : So looking forward to

em29
04-11-2010, 06:18 AM
TIME OFF AT CHRISTMAS :clapping:
I feel exhausted and need a break! Just want to be with my own kids for a bit. I look forward to all our busy days but some quieter days seem a bit long. Wow i cannot wait to have 2 weeks off!!:)

lynnslittleuns
04-11-2010, 06:22 AM
Was just thinking that myself. My summer holidays seem so long ago.
Roll on christmas.xx

IndigoMoon
04-11-2010, 06:34 AM
Only 50 days left til Christmas :clapping:

em29
04-11-2010, 06:36 AM
And only 33 working days! :)

Tink
04-11-2010, 06:57 AM
I'm glad it's just not me, I am so exhausted not had a holiday since June and that was only for a week.
I have given out my closing times etc over Christmas and I have had numerous parents asking me to work extra and for the first time since I started minding have said NO, it my time and family time, I am closing for a week end of story.

miffy
04-11-2010, 07:36 AM
Looking forward to a break too - just wish the children broke up a little earlier, they don't finish here until 22nd December.

Miffy xx

Happy Bunny
04-11-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm glad it's just not me, I am so exhausted not had a holiday since June and that was only for a week.
I have given out my closing times etc over Christmas and I have had numerous parents asking me to work extra and for the first time since I started minding have said NO, it my time and family time, I am closing for a week end of story.

I'm the same, i'm having 8 days off, much to the annoyance of one parent but I DONT CARE, my children deserve some quality time with me.

Lady Haha
04-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Me too!!!!! I went away last year for the first time. Only to a Park Dean site, but it was wonderful to be away from home with my son and not have other kids to entertain, but at the same time lots of stuff to do! I am struggling financially this year, but I now consider this holiday at Christmas an absolute necessity and pulling out all the stops to get there!!!

Most of my parents take time off over Christmas, so last three I have ended up with one mindee a day which isn't worth my while really, when normally during school hols I have between 4 and 5 of them! I'm away from 23rd Dec, so the two parents I have who work in shops probably aren't gonna be best pleased I'm away again!

tashaleee
04-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Only 50 days left til Christmas :clapping:

OMG that scared me!!!

tashaleee
04-11-2010, 12:48 PM
And only 33 working days! :)

and thats even more scary (depending on your last working day!) :panic:

maisiemog
04-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Yep I'm on countdown as well!! I desperately need the holiday...am waiting for a parent to ask me to work and as harsh as it sounds I will take great pleasure in saying...err no!

I only work Mon-Thurs so only 30 working days for me (on a course next Fri and I would class that as work so adding that in as I dont wanna do it but gotta as it cuts how long my nvq will take as it covers loads of it!)

Oooo now I'm all excited....Christmas is only next month!!! WooHoo :clapping:

lou lou
04-11-2010, 01:25 PM
yes and probably can start thinking of putting the tree up in four weeks love doing that

teacake2
04-11-2010, 03:43 PM
I am working Christmas Eve and then off until January 4th, I need the break with the 3 I look after at the moment, I had 2 days off last week and went to Madrid for a long weekend to see my son, but he wanted to show me round everywhere and so I am still getting over it, at least the blisters are beginning to heal on my poor feet, so Christmas will be a proper break, I HOPE.
Teacake2