PDA

View Full Version : Update- and question.

Lottie
11-04-2008, 10:17 AM
My partners CRB certificate has come through :clapping: . Now all I have to do is wait for the letter of intention and the NCMA to send out my box and insurance.

What can I do in the meantime now legally? I am ready for action :laughing: . Oh and does this mean that I am still in the process of registering? I know this is a dumb question... :blush:

Minnie Minx
11-04-2008, 10:18 AM
It's not a dumb question cause i don't know the answer :laughing: angel will be along soon and answer it for you :D :D

xxx

Lottie
11-04-2008, 10:23 AM
:D Thanks sweety.

sarah707
11-04-2008, 10:34 AM
You can't mind until you have your insurance certificate in your sweaty paw... so I'm afraid you need to wait just a little bit longer!

You can advertise and tell people you are nearly ready to go... and you can ring and chase NCMA if you get an enquiry.

Good luck! :D

angeldelight
11-04-2008, 10:37 AM
I am sure you will not wait long now

Have you started to advertise ? At least that will give you something to do whilst waiting

Angel xx

Lottie
11-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks girls. :thumbsup:

I thought this was the case, just needed to make sure. I have put the feelers out and advertised on a couple of free advertising sites on the net. I have stated that I am still pre-reg but nearly there. What I haven't done yet is advertised with any sites specifically aimed at childminding. I think maybe I should be doing this now?

(LOL! Maybe I am already answering my own questions above... just don't want to be caught out or doing anything dodgy. )

By the way in your experience what is the best way of advertising?

Hugs xx

Pipsqueak
11-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Best method of advertising - word of mouth / recommendation! Let every you know you are a minder and have vacancies, give people your business cards or contact details, ask friends to put up flyers at work, get your details onto CIS.
Get to your network meetings and hook up with other minders - this is another good way of details being passed around.

Good luck

Lottie
11-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Oh Fab! Thanks for the info pipsqueak. :) .

Do I have to be registered to get my details onto CIS? I ask this because when I went to the site it doesn't seem to give much info on how to do this.

Your replies are all greatly appreciated. Thanks. ((hugs)).

katickles
11-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Oh Fab! Thanks for the info pipsqueak. :) .

Do I have to be registered to get my details onto CIS? I ask this because when I went to the site it doesn't seem to give much info on how to do this.

Your replies are all greatly appreciated. Thanks. ((hugs)).

Just ring them - 0800 something? Numbers on the website :)

Pipsqueak
11-04-2008, 11:01 AM
I think once Ofsted register you they send your details to CIS - I presume this is all areas and from there you can update them

I would really recommend getting to know the other minders in the area - go to the drop ins and network meetings.

Lottie
12-04-2008, 03:54 PM
thanks again everyone and pipsqueak, I will definately look into popping into drop ins and meetings!

((Huggles)):littleangel:

miffy
12-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Just wanted to wish you luck and hope you soon have some mindees lined up

miffy xx

cuddlybunny38
12-04-2008, 09:50 PM
in herts once you recieve your certificate we are given a form that we sned to the cis to be put on the system. We get the form in our second cim meeting but cant send it of till we have the certificate.