PDA

View Full Version : New Minder Advice Please

trina75
03-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Hi all,

I am pleased to say i'm now fully registered but have already hit another dilemma. I have a mum who would like me to mind her 10 mth old twin girls two days a week? Do you think Ofsted will approve this? Im pretty nervous with being newly registered that they will think I am not capable. I have three kids of my own my youngest being 18mth and my elder two aged 14 and 9

Thanks for you help.
Trina x

gigglinggoblin
03-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Its worth asking! They will ask you lots of questions about how you will cope getting out and about, how will you feed them all, how will they all sleep, do you have enough resources etc. I was approved to have baby twins and my 2 year old when I first registered so it isnt impossible :)

trina75
03-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Thank you for that! I already have the Fear of Ofsted and don't want to feel like i'm pushing my luck lol.

Trina x

tulip0803
03-11-2010, 11:43 PM
OFSTED understand that it can be difficult to find a childminder with spaces for twins so they tend to listen to variations but as GG said you will have to expalin and prove that you can cope with all 3 under 2. triple buggy - extra highchairs/ travel cots etc.