PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please

handeme
03-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Am I right in thinking that you can care for a child before you are registerd as long as it is not for any benefit?

I am in the final stages of my registration and someone who I will be providing care in the furture for needs some urgent cover 1 day a week for 5 hours to start next week.

She knows my registration is not through and I said I could not be paid for the care I provide until I am registered. She has said coud she bank the hours and then pay me when registered?

c x

Pipsqueak
03-11-2010, 09:27 PM
you are right - you could go and care for the child in their home and be paid - you'd be working as a nanny then but the parent would be liable for your tax etc.
if you 'work' from yours it would have to be less for than 2hrs per day and for no money or reward.

handeme
04-11-2010, 09:17 AM
Many Thanks.

The person that is coming is my cousins, cousins (if that makes sense!)

I would jus be doing it to help a friend out really and I won't be getting paid I have clearly said that to her. I was just not sure that becuase I am registering as a childminder it would make a differenace, dont want to get into bother.

c x

the happy house
04-11-2010, 01:19 PM
I looked after a friend of mine's child recently, for 12 hours while she travelled to a funeral. I did it as a favour, no reward at all.
It's fine as long as you don't take any payment or reward of any kind.

breezy
04-11-2010, 05:32 PM
As said if no payment involved its fine