PDA

View Full Version : Why Am I Doing This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guest2
03-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Having a bad day today, feel like curling up in a corner of my room and crying, what on earth posessed me to do this!!

My parents are harping on that they won't be able to just pop in when they are passing because I'll have children to look after!
My children feel like I am making them do stuff they don't want to do and all I asked was for them to tidy their bedrooms up because they looked like a nucler warhead had gone bang!
My sister in law keeps storming about and scowling at me and I have only asked her to make sure the medicines go back in the cupboard and aren't left out!

God I wish I'd stayed at nursery working from 6.30am til 7pm monday to friday it was easier and people didn't moan at me all the time!!!!
Why Why Why am I doing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not a good day at all....

:crying:

Pipsqueak
03-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Hey hun - chin up sending a huggy:thank you:
We all get pisky days (am having one today as well)

You can still have your parents pop by just tell them that they would be best checking first to make sure you aren't up to your eyes in gltter, glue or out! lol
Remind them that when you were working at a nursery they couldn't just pop in.

Don't sweat it with your kids rooms (must take own advice.... must take own....)

re SIL and meds - tell her that if you get into bother because of her negligence then you will have no hesitation in getting her into bother with you.
download some information about children getting poisioned by meds and place it in her hands....

sending another huggy
xxxx

The Juggler
03-11-2010, 02:17 PM
aw hon, sending a hug. tell your SIL that whilst she lives in your house she needs to respect your home and workplace:angry: tell parents they can visit but they need to let you know and yes you will be working but they are more than welcome (if they are:laughing: :laughing: ).

Agree with Pip on the kids rooms. once a week at weekends. You should see my dd she is soooo lovely with little ones but should see her in the mornings - me trying to get her out the door for school in the mornings is like WW2 - she delays, delays and gets narky with me (she's 8 now and been like this since she was 2:eek: )

Hope tomorrow is better

guest2
03-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Thanks still feel poo!!

Have told parents they can visit and that they'll just need to give me a buzz to see if I'm in first, mum blew up in my face said it's ridiculous she shouldn't need to do that to visit her own grandchildren and we got into a blazing row I tried to explain that I didn't them having a wasted trip if they came over and I was out but she was on her giant soap box by then and wasn't having any of it!!

Husband just says she's your mother you deal with her!! Aaarggggh he makes me so mad with that....

SIL is a little more challenging she's used to having her medication box and having her stuff by her chair so I am having to try to get her into a new routine which is proving hard, when you have done things a certain way for a long time it's hard to change your ways!!

Just be glad when things are sorted and I can do what I'm good at and play in the goo, slime, gloop etc

Feels a little better to have had a shout about things I think!!

:(

loocyloo
03-11-2010, 05:36 PM
my mum is great at ringing and then popping by ...

my mother in law makes a huge fuss and says she never knows when we are in and so she can't pop in ( what a shame;) )

i always say i am always home 4.30 onwards, but its teatime so i will not be sitting down for a chat! and i am usually home 12.20-2.30 as its sleep and quiet time! i also point out that when i am not working i have no 'timetable' to work to and so could be anywhere at any given time, so life is much more predictable when i am working !!!!

i always suggest ringing and making sure i am in! i once got home from my neighbours house to find my brother had been sitting on the drive ( can't see through hedge from neighbours ) for 2 hrs !!!! i told him to RING me next time :rolleyes:

everyone will get used to the new routine!

Chatterbox Childcare
03-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Don't stress. When they call and you are out they will either stop calling or phone first - either way you are a winner :D

Helcatt
03-11-2010, 08:16 PM
I can't remember the last time my parents came up to visit - I think it might have been feb? Because for them its too much bother the deal with mindee (who I have not had since may)

Mum will only come up on a monday as she works weekends, but will not even consider the idea of taking the occasional holiday from work so she could visit

I need the money so can't just pick and choose to take days off to suit them

Its hard for others to get used to the idea of fitting round your new routines but it will happen my FIL can not understand that I am working and am not here to make tea, lunch etc when ever he wants

It is a great job and worth the effort!

HX

guest2
03-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the opportunity to have a blow out!! Not sure I feel better yet, so i'm going to sleep on it my head is banging feels like it's been in a vice! But hey ho let's see what tomorrow brings!! Hopefully will be better than today

:yawning:

Twinkles
03-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Right Mrs !

You are doing this because you want to be your own boss

You are doing this because you love working with children

You are doing this because it will work out better for your own family

You are doing this because you can make a positive difference to childrens lives

You are doing this because you will be good at it

any of the above apply ?? Thought so. Let the grumpy ones just get on with it , if it wasn't this they find fault with it will be something else ( in my experience ).

Deep breath and smile and wave , smile and wave :thumbsup:

guest2
04-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Right Mrs !

You are doing this because you want to be your own boss

You are doing this because you love working with children

You are doing this because it will work out better for your own family

You are doing this because you can make a positive difference to childrens lives

You are doing this because you will be good at it

any of the above apply ?? Thought so. Let the grumpy ones just get on with it , if it wasn't this they find fault with it will be something else ( in my experience ).

Deep breath and smile and wave , smile and wave :thumbsup:

Twinkles you are so right!!

Stuff them if they cannot see why I am doing this then they are the ones with the problem, feel so much better today after a good nights sleep! Onwards and upwards from now on! A local network childminder has spoken to me this morning and she has taken my telephone numbers, she was asked if she had any vacancies for a baby in January but she hasn't so she is going to contact the family and give them my details as hopefully my registration should be completed by the 21st December according to Ofsted when I spoke to them last week!!!!!!!!!!!!! and all being well I will be able to take the baby on!

Happy Days!!

:thumbsup: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :)