PDA

View Full Version : Official ROOM 101 of Childminding

Pipsqueak
03-11-2010, 01:31 PM
What do you want to dump in here.

For me its Children Centres, EYP's and the managers and pencil pushers and those who do not have a clue about childminding....

there you go - CC's are officially room 101'd now

beccas
03-11-2010, 01:35 PM
arrogant know it all parents who talk to us like a piece of sh..
and those who reckon we are doormats

PixiePetal
03-11-2010, 01:36 PM
SEFs and written risk assessments for things that take common sense. Parents trust us with their children, do they really think we have no common sense?!

Explosive nappies and projectile vomiting, oh and green rivers of snot if that's not asking too much!

Twinkles
03-11-2010, 01:40 PM
I'll second you on CC's and raise you OFSTED inspectors who have their own agenda for inspections.
We can never have sensible, quality assured and above all FAIR inspections until they all have SET criteria to inspect from. I know they all have certain things they have to grade on but it's so unfair that one inspector will mark a minder down for something and another will just ignore that self same thing.

oooo I didn't know how cross it made me 'till I started writing :laughing:

Happy Bunny
03-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Can i put two people in please.

1. A childminding co-ordinator from another area to mine who said her group was only for childminders of her area.
2. My husband who seems to think he can critisise the way i word my DHC Unit 2 assignment.

forgot one other thing A ****** Furby that i bought my children and it keeps singing to me.

Mouse
03-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Ofsted helpline & the fact you can phone 5 different people & get 5 different answers!

Tinglesnark
03-11-2010, 01:43 PM
times of drought where all the children seem to vanish :(
nutcase parents with even stranger children
mothers at toddler groups that think they are somehow above you because they are "ladies what lunch" but cant actually look after their own children properly
parents that think we are a taxi service

Blaze
Other CM's who tell lies!
Parents that muck you around!!!!

....the list could go on for days - but I will stop there!:angry:

caz3007
Today its the man who rang from the CIS just as I got the baby off to sleep and had the kettle on. Bang went that idea

singlewiththree
03-11-2010, 01:59 PM
The slanderous woman in the playground at school

All the playground gossips!

The Juggler
03-11-2010, 02:18 PM
ALL MY PAPERWORK!!!!!!!!!! i just wanna play:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

georgie456
03-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Cliquey childminders who hunt in packs.

Paperwork.

Late payers.

Ripeberry
03-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Travel cots that are 'Sponge wipe only'. After yesterdays incident I think I'll blast it with a hose and dip it in milton for a few days...keep it as a spare emergency cot :rolleyes:

miffy
03-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Paperwork, paperwork and, oh yes, more paperwork! :D

Miffy xx

jelly15
03-11-2010, 03:13 PM
People who assume that I have loads of time to do my housework even though I have 3 LOs to mind.

teacake2
03-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Every thing that has changed since OFSTED took over and let me go back to the good old days when the children were the most important thing not how much paper work we can do.:( :(
Teacake2

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
03-11-2010, 04:07 PM
people who call us "babysitters"

nell57
03-11-2010, 04:09 PM
arrogant know it all parents who talk to us like a piece of sh..
and those who reckon we are doormats

This was what came staight to my mind;)

grindal
03-11-2010, 04:16 PM
People who ask when I am going to go back to teaching or get a "proper" job

And my Sister in Law - but just cos she winds me up every time she opens her mouth!

marnieb
03-11-2010, 04:18 PM
people (and family members! ) who think because we're at home 'most of the day' means we don't do anything

parents who think we don't make plans for the week

melanieabigail2004
03-11-2010, 04:59 PM
- Local childminders who knowingly undercut to get the business
- Local childminders who rip off my website and my adverts
- Parents who think they can tell me how my day is going to run
- Parents who lie about their childs health and send them ill because THEY have to work
- Ofsted inspectors who are inconsistent and mark you down for not having a column on your fire evac log showing exactly how many minutes it takes to get out

wendywu
03-11-2010, 05:03 PM
[
QUOTE=cherie;809598]Can i put two people in please.
forgot one other thing A ****** Furby that i bought my children and it keeps singing to me.[/QUOTE]

OMG are they still around, i had them for my daughters when they were little and they are 22 and 18 now :eek:

WibbleWobble
03-11-2010, 05:24 PM
glitter...

its in places a lady cannot discuss

mandy xx

keeks
03-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Piles and piles of private as well as work related paperwork!!!

Parents who push their children "academically" when all they should be doing at the age of 3 and 4 is play!!!

xx

keeks
03-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Can i put two people in please.

forgot one other thing A ****** Furby that i bought my children and it keeps singing to me.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

singingcactus
03-11-2010, 05:40 PM
OFSTED.....that's all.

Bananabrain
03-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Parents at interview that go on about how important healthy eating is. And then pitch up on my doorstep with their 2 yr old with a packet of hula hoops and a fruit shoot!!!! At 7. blinkin' 30 in the morning !!!!!!

Fruit shoots! And Haribo!

Everyone {especially Cc's} who has absolutely no idea how hard childminders work!!!! That's the one that does it for me everytime.

wendywu
03-11-2010, 05:48 PM
[
QUOTE=singingcactus;809791]OFSTED.....that's all.[/QUOTE]

Ditto :thumbsup:

sweets
03-11-2010, 06:16 PM
written risk assesements!

what a complete and utter waste of time. like we dont think about risks anyway derrr, what is the point of writing it down?

i childminder near me actually wrote a one because they were doing some work on the pavement on her street and they had to cross over instead of taking usual route! how ridiculous :laughing:

Pipsqueak
03-11-2010, 06:42 PM
glitter...

mandy xx

At least you have pretty sparkly lady bits:)

Lady Haha
03-11-2010, 06:44 PM
I was trying really hard to think of things not already mentioned, but have ended confirming to myself that I have the best job ever!

It's just Ofsted and some parents in room 101 for me!

charleyfarley
03-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Parents who don't tell you their lo has been ill at home until you mention they aren't well!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carol xx

Helcatt
03-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Parents who seem really keen at interview and then don't get back to you. I would rather that they were honest and let me know they didn't want to use me (can you tell I just saw someone advertising for a nanny share, who came out to see me last week) and had actually said she would call this week

People who think that I sit on my **** and do nothing all day (namely Father in law) so think its ok to expect me to make them lunch and dinner and breakfast and cups of tea during the day (when they can do it themselves) at a set time!

Husbands who think that I can make phone calls and chase things up even though I am working, but he works full time, you know

HX

karen m
03-11-2010, 07:54 PM
parents who give calpol so they get to work before it wears of and then child is vomiting and i am told when they collect that that is what they done

zillervalley
03-11-2010, 08:04 PM
granparents at toddler groups that follow there children round and dont let them build on there social skills, and then comment that childminders get money for old rope

and a parent that sent her child in pants today and no change of clothing and said we are toilet trai ning now

fiona
03-11-2010, 08:14 PM
people who know nothing about you so make up rubbish.

Colds... snot, coughing, tears and tantrums ;-))

i'll limit my self to 2 could go on and on and on

oohhh and cm's who gang up on the new cm's and make life hard!!
ok i know its three ooppsss

x

breezy
03-11-2010, 08:14 PM
paperwork and people who dont think we have "proper jobs"

flowerpots
03-11-2010, 08:23 PM
family and friend who ask you to do things and then when you say you cant cos your working they reply well its not a real job is it!!!!!!!!!

LittleStar's
03-11-2010, 08:26 PM
I second the last comment,

paperwork and my friend who asked me when will I be getting a proper job???

Winnie
03-11-2010, 08:26 PM
well I thought long and hard about this and it’s the SEF, just because Ofsted are asking such silly questions and making me repeat myself and getting me all stressed just in case I’ve misunderstood the silly questions and then me spending –not hours- but days and days perfecting it when really I can show the inspector what I do, tell her why I do it and let her make up her mind if I know my job or not…but also I’m not quite trusting Ofsteds assertion that the SEF is not compulsory because my inspector would bound to be the one that marks people down for not doing it...so i do it :(

…...phew, glad thats going into the room 101 (oh i wish:laughing: )

welshcake
03-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Today i would say SW.
A4E
Childrens centres waste of space.

Noomie
03-11-2010, 08:42 PM
People who think we are "glorified" baby sitters.

Husbands who when you ask them to help with house work respond with... "well then you can come in to my office and help me with my work"

berkschick
03-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Pull ups & huggies wipes!

sillysausage
03-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Other than the obvious Ofsted, paperwork, risk assessments and SEF that everyone agrees on......

I'd like to put the stupid mum at toddlers yesterday who complained to the lady who runs the group, about my mindee hitting her child. She was too busy chatting and drinking her coffee to notice that her child was deliberately throwing the sand in other children's faces :angry:

zillervalley
04-11-2010, 05:48 PM

ah I am pleased some-one else hates huggies wipes, they are so dry

IndigoMoon
04-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Huggies wipes because they rip when you're trying to get them out of the pack with one hand :(

Johnsons extra wipes which have far too much baby lotion in them and leave it smudged everywhere. :(

Parents who take absolutely no interest in their child(ren). :'(

Parents who read newsletters and then either just ignore them or think they don't apply to them :( (And you know they've read them because the conversation starts 'Libby I know what you said in your newsletter but can you just...)

WibbleWobble
04-11-2010, 06:11 PM

oh i thought it was just me!!!

one mindee has huggies wipes.. i hate them!

mandy x

RachelE
04-11-2010, 07:32 PM
- Care2learn!
- parents who dont take any notice of helpful advice and allow their child to run the house!
- rainy school runs!

Rachel x

Beckieboo
04-11-2010, 08:01 PM
I cant believe its not been mentioned:
* No Shows
Especially when i have spent so long tidying up, getting ready and rearranging my plans! A text or phonecall would be nice ! :laughing:

smartie
04-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Children Centre Employees : Quote ' childminders just sit on their backsides drinking coffee all day letting their mindees run riot'

Parents who are full-time mums who condem working mums for sending their children to childminders when 'clearly' those working mothers should be at home supervising their own children!!!! Hhhhmmmm!

venus89
04-11-2010, 09:02 PM
What do you want to dump in here.

For me its Children Centres, EYP's and the managers and pencil pushers and those who do not have a clue about childminding....

there you go - CC's are officially room 101'd now

Why EYPs? :panic:

balijay
04-11-2010, 09:25 PM
JobCentre Plus.... just pay me the money I am owed without me having to phone 50 times :angry: :censored:

Pipsqueak
04-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Why EYPs? :panic:

Sorry Venus - I have nothing against EYPs in general - just the ones at my local CC - should have made it clear. There are 5 EYP's based there and only one of them isn't a pretentious, supercillious, condescending, stuck up own bottoms moos. They look down their long noses, treat everyone else with utter contempt, possessive over resources, no interest in what others are doing.
One of them is the latest culprit in ousting the childminding group

julie w
04-11-2010, 10:01 PM
The sound of a huge tub of lego being tipped out 2 mins before children are due to go home.Parents who dont put in any baby wipes, Huggies or otherwise.

tashaleee
04-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Am loving this list!!!!!

Would like to throw in my parent who should have paid me monday - after first text was ignored on monday she replied to the second I sent on weds and said she would drop money round weds or thurs... guess what no money :rolleyes:

Would also like to add in the stupid person who decided at childrens centre (childminders only) drop in we cant have any hot drinks - ANYWHERE in the building! Not even allowed in the garden or the front of the building....

Theres more... I could well be back :laughing:

tashaleee
04-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Oooo yep Im back already....

Parents who dont think I need a change of clothes even though their child is teething and has a tendancy for runny nappies :rolleyes:

Parents who decide if dropping off and collecting by car I obviously dont need a coat for their child in winter :rolleyes:

Parents who decide I only need 3 nappies for an 8 hour shift with their child

Parents who decide I dont need any wipes for their child

Parents who dont bring shoes for their child as 'they forgot' even though I have to do school runs and the child was a walking 3 year old!

Parents who bring stupid shoes - ie crocs or flip flops - when they know I need to go out and their child is a walker

actually... maybe I could just say parents :blush: :laughing:

Ali56
04-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Parents who dont send the right coats/boots etc for their children-just because they go everywhere in the car doesn't mean we do.....:angry:

Sef's
Risk assesments for EVERYTHING-how on earth would we ever have any children to mind if we didn't keep them safe anyway!

Ali56
04-11-2010, 10:13 PM
stupid shoes - ie crocs or flip flops -

I've banned them!!(and I enforce it too!!) Children only allowed to arrive in them if they bring 'proper shoes' too!:laughing: :laughing:

Fed up with kids who fall over or whose foot wear falls /give no support on a country walk, trip to the park-or worse still arrive in crocs in the pouring rain when we have school runs etc to do:rolleyes:

Oh well there another one to add to my last post.......!

jumpinjen
04-11-2010, 10:21 PM
glitter...

mandy xx

love it!

jen x

sophiestars
04-11-2010, 11:56 PM
All of the above, especially those who think we don't have a proper job eg 'oh you have to do paperwork do you?' grrrr!

Plus parents who just presume you will have their children an hour longer because THEY are going somewhere for the day - never mind if I have plans, or they turn up 20/30 mins late and presume it's ok, never mind the plans you had to go out for the day, I have a little girl who is due at 9.30 and she regularly turns up 20 mins late which takes a big chunk out of the morning if I had planned to go somewhere especially as I have to start heading towards nursery at 11.40 for a 12 pick up.

Here's a new one - all the strapping in and out of pushchairs and car seats gets a bit annoying when there are 3 that need to be done

michellethegooner
05-11-2010, 01:03 AM
hmm where do I start, parents who 'forget' to give their child breakfast then turn up at 9 saying child is hungry

Ofsted (of course)
No show's
spare clothes that are clearly 2 small
parents sending sick children

especially hate parents that send their children in light clothing when its freezing and they have their warm coat scarf etc, dont they know its even colder sitting still in a buggy, and they wonder how their child gets sick :angry:

Monkey1
05-11-2010, 06:12 AM
hmm where do I start, parents who 'forget' to give their child breakfast then turn up at 9 saying child is hungry
Ofsted (of course)
No show's
spare clothes that are clearly 2 small

especially hate parents that send their children in light clothing when its freezing and they have their warm coat scarf etc, dont they know its even colder sitting still in a buggy, and they wonder how their child gets sick :angry:

How can they forget? it happens so much but i can never understand it
Your parents send spare clothing?:eek: :eek:

Monkey1
05-11-2010, 06:14 AM
when you have made a big effort with snack, ie yesterday we had popadoms and mango chutney (in honour of diwali) and a selection of dips with bread sticks and carrot sticks..................and one pipes up ''is that it?is that all we are having?''

sweets
05-11-2010, 07:42 AM
all the above for me and a child relalated one........

toddlers who have an obsession with straps and constantly do them up! so you go to put a baby in the highchair or pushchair and the straps are fastened up so you have to get them out again and undo them :angry:

venus89
05-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Sorry Venus - I have nothing against EYPs in general - just the ones at my local CC - should have made it clear. There are 5 EYP's based there and only one of them isn't a pretentious, supercillious, condescending, stuck up own bottoms moos. They look down their long noses, treat everyone else with utter contempt, possessive over resources, no interest in what others are doing.
One of them is the latest culprit in ousting the childminding group

I was just curious :thumbsup: Sounds like they're a nightmare, they're no better than you or I and have no more right to anything. We shall definately have to relegate people who think they're better because of taking a certain course to room 101....

snufflepuff
05-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Totally agree with those who said SEF/ masses of risk assessments/ paperwork for paperworks sake.
Also people not realising that this is a REAL job that entails lots of HARD WORK!

venus89
05-11-2010, 01:05 PM
all the above for me and a child relalated one........

toddlers who have an obsession with straps and constantly do them up! so you go to put a baby in the highchair or pushchair and the straps are fastened up so you have to get them out again and undo them :angry:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: oh yes!

buildingblocks
05-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Every single one of my Parents

THe one who has the last three months envelopes with invoices in her daily diary still unopened (she pays same amount each week so doesn't need to look at htem0 thelastone contained a form to be returned, a newsletter and a couple of other bits. This is also the same parent who has been told (well I know she doesn't read her daily diary) for the past three weeks that i was nearly out of nappies so when her child poohed this week literally just before mum came to pick up and was on her way out with child she had to go home to change him first and was not happy - er not my fault as I have no nappies - well I conveniently forgot hte two I have in the car for when we go out oops).

The one who has informed me this week that she hadn't booked her daughter in for five morning sessions at nursery from January but for 2 and a half days so that she could save money and would only have to pay me for before and after nursery hours and wasvery upset with me when I informed her that she will have to pay for hte whole day a her child will still be in my under 5 numbers and not school age children - she is not a happy bunny.

The oarent who has texted me this morning at 8 am to say oh by the way I forgot to text until now to let you know my child won't be in till after 9 ( fine but could you not have told me last night then I could have had a lay in instead of getting up at 6.30 for child coming at 7,30

oh and even my wonderful parents whose 8mth old has screamed for the past three days from 8 - 6pm because at home when he screams he is picked up and can't understand why the same doesn't happen at my house.

Oh and the nursery worker the other week who couldn't understand why childminders came on the same trainings as htem as they don't have to do what they do ( wouldn't mind but I know this woman as I had her children at one point all nightmares) so I replied that s right I won't et paid for being her and when I finish here I will have been working since 7.30 until 6pm then cam estriaght her without any tea and when I get home have to starton my paperwork for the day.

cassie63
05-11-2010, 01:43 PM
:angry: Developement officers who used to be childminders themselves. And think themselves important like Ofsted..........

Alibali
05-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Sand! The stuff should be contained to the beach:D

Pipsqueak
05-11-2010, 02:28 PM

Agreed:clapping:

cassie63
05-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Parents: who text 30 mins after child should be with you:angry: You sit waiting when you could have left and got a job done in the town instead your hanging round waiting. They dont think we should have a life.

~Chelle~
05-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Runny nappies, still make me gag :blush:, if you child is ill, keep them, and their runny nappies, at home with you :thumbsup:

Non paying lying parents who say that they have cancer, to gain sympathy, when they clearly don't and when confronted about it, after termination of contract, say "Oh Chelle, what an over active imagination you have, when did I ever say I had cancer", erm in my kitchen, cying your blooming eyes out with my hubby and friend sitting in the living room who heard it all :censored:

Spoilt children who always ask "why" or "my mummy always lets me":mad:

SEF, What is the point of repeating yourself for every other question???? Drove me insane!

rickysmiths
05-11-2010, 02:58 PM

Oh I have to intervine (sp!!) on this one. Los have too much fun inside and out with sand and I don't live anywhere near a beach.

Move to save the sand :thumbsup: :clapping:

Pipsqueak
05-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Got a new one....

ex mindee - the little witch (Child From Hell) and her parents - the one who's parents are PFH and caused me no end of hell.

Little moobag is the year above James - she was on her bike in the playground, James was stood with me waiting for another child and the little moobag deliberately rode at James first time stopping just in time and laughing. I asked her not to do it. The second time seconds late - she just ploughed straight into the back of James and me - squishing him and banging my poorly leg. Boy did i just shout at the little madam - who was just sat their laughing. Mummy glared at me across the playground and went to say something to me but the teacher intervened and told the brat of for riding in the playground - think mummy thought better of it then.

SO I am sending:

snotty teachers
up themselves parents
brat children
(and sand - move to override Ricky's request of keeping sand)

Pipsqueak
05-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Non paying lying parents who say that they have cancer, to gain sympathy, when they clearly don't and when confronted about it, after termination of contract, say "Oh Chelle, what an over active imagination you have, when did I ever say I had cancer", erm in my kitchen, cying your blooming eyes out with my hubby and friend sitting in the living room who heard it all :censored:

!

OMG Chelle I have had one non-paying parent tell me this - that they had cancer. I was sick to the core to find out that it was lies. Apparently this woman has used this despicable lie to 3 other childminders, she has used the lie to others that her CHILD had cancer as well.
Sick sick sick b*tch.:panic:

rickysmiths
05-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Got a new one....

ex mindee - the little witch (Child From Hell) and her parents - the one who's parents are PFH and caused me no end of hell.

Little moobag is the year above James - she was on her bike in the playground, James was stood with me waiting for another child and the little moobag deliberately rode at James first time stopping just in time and laughing. I asked her not to do it. The second time seconds late - she just ploughed straight into the back of James and me - squishing him and banging my poorly leg. Boy did i just shout at the little madam - who was just sat their laughing. Mummy glared at me across the playground and went to say something to me but the teacher intervened and told the brat of for riding in the playground - think mummy thought better of it then.

SO I am sending:

snotty teachers
up themselves parents
brat children
(and sand - move to override Ricky's request of keeping sand)

Oh no what a horrible child. My goodness. I don't blame you for putting them in. I'll help you pull the lever.

Please don't put the sand in, please, my los will be desolate :(

rickysmiths
05-11-2010, 04:13 PM
The incident with the bicycles makes me think that all the scooters and bikes that children madly ride around the playground while their mums stand chatting and ignoring them while they reek havoc. Bashing into everyone, running over feet and into legs.

All the mums (for letting them) and the los can go in.

Note to schools: please ban the things form the school grounds and enforce it please.

mrs c
05-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Parents who say as a punishment for being little s**** they are not going to have their sweetie Friday - what was that bag full of tonight then??????????

Parents who say they will collect early and come late

Parents who come late, don't apologise and look challengingly at me.

Children's centre - promising lots to our childminding group if we went there, stick us in a pokey room and slowly use it for their storage. Also bin the workers there for being so bitchy behind our backs.

cdo for being clueless about eyfs and the needs of children (wonder how she was ever a childminder)

~Chelle~
05-11-2010, 04:56 PM
OMG Chelle I have had one non-paying parent tell me this - that they had cancer. I was sick to the core to find out that it was lies. Apparently this woman has used this despicable lie to 3 other childminders, she has used the lie to others that her CHILD had cancer as well.
Sick sick sick b*tch.:panic:

That was just the start of her web of lies. She even told me, a year after her daughter had been with me, that her daughter had a pacemaker fitted when she was 4. I asked her why she hadnt told me at the start of contract and she said that she never told her daughter about it.

When we went to the beach, her daughter got changed and there was no scar there, another one of her sick fantasies.

The list is endless and goes on and on.

Wonder how some of these sick twisted people sleep at night? x

FussyElmo
05-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Mindees mum who wonders why I wont give her dd (who arrives independently from high school) a key to my house.

Ah yes the fact she has lost 2 locker leys and her house keys since starting in sept :rolleyes:

The mums who are twisted how on earth do they sleep at night.

Ps I kind of like sand :)

The Juggler
05-11-2010, 05:28 PM
:angry: Developement officers who used to be childminders themselves. And think themselves important like Ofsted..........

development officers who have NEVER been childminders and worked in a nursery about 2 decades ago and dont' have a clue:angry: :angry:

Alibali
05-11-2010, 06:50 PM
OK, if the sand has to stay, then the chalk has to go, yuch hate that stuff too!!! I'm in the ideal job don't you think:D :D

Pipsqueak
05-11-2010, 08:23 PM
No no defo sand has to go and glitter

sand and glitter..... so far its only Ricky who wants to keep it:laughing: :p

rickysmiths
05-11-2010, 08:44 PM
OK, if the sand has to stay, then the chalk has to go, yuch hate that stuff too!!! I'm in the ideal job don't you think:D :D

No, no I want them both. :eek: Whats wrong with you and Pip you are Childminders you're supposed to promote messy play, not condem it.:laughing: :laughing: Its in EYFS

Come someone else must love sand and glitter? Where are you I need you're support pleeese. :panic:

They will be banning Hundreds and Thousands next and if they do that how will we make our sparklers? :blush:

Twinkles
05-11-2010, 09:06 PM
No no defo sand has to go and glitter

sand and glitter..... so far its only Ricky who wants to keep it:laughing: :p

:eek: :eek: :eek:

If you put glitter in I'll....I'll.....go and Twinkle elsewhere :p

Everything should have a spot of glitter ( well 'cept parsleypetals bits ) :laughing:

Pixie dust
05-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Come someone else must love sand and glitter? Where are you I need you're support pleeese

I am with you Glitter must stay we need sparkle :littleangel:

Pipsqueak
05-11-2010, 09:56 PM
oh for goodness sake....:p :p I'll compromise and say glitter glue and glitter paint can stay - just loose glitter....... :rolleyes:

mrs c
05-11-2010, 09:59 PM
I'd also like to send all these people who think all the mindees are mine. I have blonde, dark and red heads with both straight and curly hair and with a mixture of pale and olive skin.
What kind of woman do they think I am :blush:

loocyloo
06-11-2010, 08:33 AM
we must keep ALL glitter and sand and chalk and all those fun things!

i'd like to put in room 101;
some parents who think i don't have anywhere to be so they can go home and get changed before picking up! :angry: she did wonder why her children were there waiting with coats and shoes on and bags, and we all had coats & shoes on! (parents evg - didn't tell her i needed her to be on time, as she should have collected 1/2hr before i needed to leave !!! :angry: )
people at toddlers who think i have time to sit around and drink tea all day
SEF!
and at the moment, learning journey paperwork!

and more parents who, when telling me when their children were moving to the new childminder (i'm moving at some point, but haven't sold house yet:( ) said ''we'll leave end of november so you can have new children for the whole of december'' what planet are they on? I AM MOVING, not taking new children on !!!! :mad:

and i'll second the rainy school runs!

rickysmiths
06-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Thank you Twinkles, Pixie Dust and Loocyloo for your support on the glitter front.

Come on the rest of you I still want to save sand and chalk. :blush:

If I don't have chalk I can't take the chalk boards out for the mindees when we have a cm meet up in the local park cafe.

rickysmiths
06-11-2010, 10:01 AM
we must keep ALL glitter and sand and chalk and all those fun things!

i'd like to put in room 101;
some parents who think i don't have anywhere to be so they can go home and get changed before picking up! :angry: she did wonder why her children were there waiting with coats and shoes on and bags, and we all had coats & shoes on! (parents evg - didn't tell her i needed her to be on time, as she should have collected 1/2hr before i needed to leave !!! :angry: )
people at toddlers who think i have time to sit around and drink tea all day
SEF!
and at the moment, learning journey paperwork!

and more parents who, when telling me when their children were moving to the new childminder (i'm moving at some point, but haven't sold house yet:( ) said ''we'll leave end of november so you can have new children for the whole of december'' what planet are they on? I AM MOVING, not taking new children on !!!! :mad:

and i'll second the rainy school runs!

Oh I must confess when we were moving I didn't say a thing until we had sold our flat. We were not allowed to have a board outside but wouldn't have done anyway. I know how odd parents can be. I only had 2 families and in the end one gave me notice at just the moment I was about to give it to them. Wanted their 2yr old to go to a day nursery where he would 'learn' more!!! The other family, who I was dreading telling, just looked at me and said 'don't think you are getting away that easy' They stayed with me for a year after I moved, we moved 10 miles away but we were on mums route to work :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
06-11-2010, 10:02 AM
oh for goodness sake....:p :p I'll compromise and say glitter glue and glitter paint can stay - just loose glitter....... :rolleyes:

Thank you Pip. Do you think you might just stretch it to the real stuff? Pleeeese.

loocyloo
06-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Oh I must confess when we were moving I didn't say a thing until we had sold our flat. We were not allowed to have a board outside but wouldn't have done anyway. I know how odd parents can be. I only had 2 families and in the end one gave me notice at just the moment I was about to give it to them. Wanted their 2yr old to go to a day nursery where he would 'learn' more!!! The other family, who I was dreading telling, just looked at me and said 'don't think you are getting away that easy' They stayed with me for a year after I moved, we moved 10 miles away but we were on mums route to work :thumbsup:

:( i just wrote a reply, submitted it and my pc turned itself off !!!

i wouldn't have told my parents if i didn't have to! i live in smallish village, all the children go to the same school and almost everyone knows almost everyone! plus i knew my children would tell mindees that we were moving 250 miles away, so i had to tell them!:(

PixiePetal
06-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Thank you Pip. Do you think you might just stretch it to the real stuff? Pleeeese.

NO! loose glitter and sand have to go!!

But yes keep glitter glue and sand can stay at the seaside, not in my house :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
06-11-2010, 01:57 PM
The incident with the bicycles makes me think that all the scooters and bikes that children madly ride around the playground while their mums stand chatting and ignoring them while they reek havoc. Bashing into everyone, running over feet and into legs.

All the mums (for letting them) and the los can go in.

Note to schools: please ban the things form the school grounds and enforce it please.

scooters and bikes were banned from my kids school playground for those reasons - headmaster listened to reason and came out to watch. Blanket ban so no names mentioned but it was always the same few :rolleyes:

Tealady
06-11-2010, 02:12 PM
My daughters foundation (reception) class has sand with loose glitter in it!!!! (best or worst of both worlds)

My 101 addition

Parents who think you are a charity and not a business and therefore take the mick with their requests.

Other Childminders who won't even answer your enquiries when you need a childminder yourself. (Are they scared you're spying on them or going to nick their paperwork, clients, or ideas)

FussyElmo
06-11-2010, 04:07 PM
I vote to save the sand, glitter and anything I can make a mess with :thumbsup:

Twinkles
06-11-2010, 04:27 PM

Yay !!!!

Elmo dance !!

http://i.mnpls.com/2/281.gif (http://www.mnpls.com/animated-pictures-281.html)

Bear23
06-11-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm sticking in
one mindees mum

She is insane, clearly out of her mind

Told me i'm allowed Christmas off but I have to work nye and new years day :eek: :eek: :eek: , crazy, mad woman!

Twinkles
06-11-2010, 04:49 PM
I'm sticking in
one mindees mum

Told me i'm allowed Christmas off but I have to work nye and new years day :eek: :eek: :eek: , crazy, mad woman!

I hope you laughed and laughed when she told you this ?? Cheeky moo :angry:

I'm guessing she doesn't understand the concept of SELF EMPLOYED !!!

Alibali
06-11-2010, 06:09 PM
NO! loose glitter and sand have to go!!

But yes keep glitter glue and sand can stay at the seaside, not in my house :thumbsup:

This sounds like a fair compromise:thumbsup:

How about pavement chalk only, so long as I don't have to touch it?:D

I'm quite happy with anything else messy - gloop, paint, flour - oh and I won't put hundreds and thousands in here either:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

twise
06-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Pop up play tents that nearly take you eye out when opening them but never ever pop back down and fit in the tinsky little bag that they came in.

My early years teacher who tells me my floor is too bright (Alphabet foam tiles ) and the children will have trouble concentrating......even though i have had it 3 years without a problem!!

Parents who cry and claim they cant afford to pay me the full amount in the holidays but still need me to take their child then turn up with new nails, hairdo and tell me their going to Disneyland paris for the weekend!!!

Parents in softplay areas that never ever engage with their child while they are there instead sit with their backs to them on their mobile while their child goes on a pushing and kicking rampage!!!

much better!!!!

sweets
06-11-2010, 06:44 PM
parents that let their children take food and drink into soft play areas where they end up spilling it and get crumbs and sticky fingers everywhere :angry:

rickysmiths
06-11-2010, 07:12 PM

Way to go. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

rickysmiths
06-11-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm sticking in
one mindees mum

News Years Eve is a Friday this year so would be a working day for me except for the first time for years I have taken the 3 days off that week, dd is 18. I would work the Sat as well cause I charge triple fee for New Years Day if I work it. You will have Sunday and Monday off. I ahve worked Boxing Day as well it was good fun. Lo joined in with what the family were doing and I got paid triple fee when it didn't feel like working at all.

Alibali
06-11-2010, 07:24 PM
News Years Eve is a Friday this year so would be a working day for me except for the first time for years I have taken the 3 days off that week, dd is 18. I would work the Sat as well cause I charge triple fee for New Years Day if I work it. You will have Sunday and Monday off. I ahve worked Boxing Day as well it was good fun. Lo joined in with what the family were doing and I got paid triple fee when it didn't feel like working at all.

When is dd 18? My dd is 18 on the 30th - i've taken those days off too:D
Did we have this discussion last year? Can't remember.

rickysmiths
06-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Pop up play tents that nearly take you eye out when opening them but never ever pop back down and fit in the tinsky little bag that they came in.

My early years teacher who tells me my floor is too bright (Alphabet foam tiles ) and the children will have trouble concentrating......even though i have had it 3 years without a problem!!

Parents who cry and claim they cant afford to pay me the full amount in the holidays but still need me to take their child then turn up with new nails, hairdo and tell me their going to Disneyland paris for the weekend!!!

Parents in softplay areas that never ever engage with their child while they are there instead sit with their backs to them on their mobile while their child goes on a pushing and kicking rampage!!!

much better!!!!

Definately. I have one of those, I reduced the summer retainer a bit after the sob story, now she has a new car :angry:

rickysmiths
06-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Pip I have discovered a very good reason for not putting glitter in Room 101.

You'll upset the boss.

http://www.youtube.com/childmindingh.../0/imS09QgCBwA

How can we make the Christmas Tree without it?

Pipsqueak
06-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Pip I have discovered a very good reason for not putting glitter in Room 101.

You'll upset the boss.

http://www.youtube.com/childmindingh.../0/imS09QgCBwA

How can we make the Christmas Tree without it?

you are seriously on a mission not to have glitter relagated aren't you Ricky.......

well there is a facebook page http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2437753902#!/group.php?gid=2437753902&v=wall

glitter just NEVER goes away, you find it for days and days after - its won't hoover up, mop up, be swept away, blown away......

you can never just use the right amount - the whole ruddy tub gets used.....

Blaze
06-11-2010, 07:57 PM
I agree glitter has to be 101'd! Hate the stuff - makes me itch!

Twinkles
06-11-2010, 08:11 PM

BLAZE !!!!
:eek: :eek:

I feel betrayed :panic:

Pipsqueak
06-11-2010, 09:23 PM

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
can't say fairer than that.

I have tried to compromise..... glitter glue:rolleyes:

Pixie dust
06-11-2010, 09:46 PM
I agree glitter has to be 101'd! Hate the stuff - makes me itch

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

miss mopple
06-11-2010, 10:00 PM
The sand and glitter must stay :D

I'd like to throw in a few other childminders if I may (sorry!). Those that feel it's ok to totally ignore their mindees at groups etc while they gossip and drink coffee, have no interest in the children themselves, don't follow the legal requirements (making it 'easy money') giving those of us who work hard and really care a bad name :angry:

Pipsqueak
06-11-2010, 11:39 PM
The sand and glitter must stay :D

I'd like to throw in a few other childminders if I may (sorry!). Those that feel it's ok to totally ignore their mindees at groups etc while they gossip and drink coffee, have no interest in the children themselves, don't follow the legal requirements (making it 'easy money') giving those of us who work hard and really care a bad name :angry:

How about we roll other (useless) childminders in glitter and sand???? :D

Helcatt
06-11-2010, 11:45 PM
Sand and glitter MUST stay!

Can I drop in - the parent who has to pay by cheque every month - I keep "suggesting" that evening it out over the year and doing a standing order would be better. I think at some point I have to bite the bullet and "insist"

Yes - other CMs who sit drinking coffee, chatting, generally ignoring their brood until someone has a cut or has lost s shoe and then shrieks around the place expecting us to know what happened - if you were doing your job woman - you would know! And by her actions, giving childminding in general a bad name

Certain "workers" at a certain CC who don't like having a CM group there because it just gives us a chance to drink coffee and ingnore the kids - and then wondered why we boycotted the place

HX

Alibali
07-11-2010, 06:31 PM
How about we roll other (useless) childminders in glitter and sand???? :D

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Andrea08
07-11-2010, 10:52 PM
101..... parents who dont pay on time or at all,
DO's
the man in the goverment making cuts within child care

but my BIG 101 has to be DOGS IN THE PLAY GROUND

im a big animal lover as most will know i have more pets than kids but some children are scared of or allergic to dogs and should not be walked to school and left at the gates where every LO wants to pat them... its dangerous and should not be near schools nurseries sorry

rickysmiths
08-11-2010, 12:27 AM
101..... parents who dont pay on time or at all,
DO's
the man in the goverment making cuts within child care

but my BIG 101 has to be DOGS IN THE PLAY GROUND

im a big animal lover as most will know i have more pets than kids but some children are scared of or allergic to dogs and should not be walked to school and left at the gates where every LO wants to pat them... its dangerous and should not be near schools nurseries sorry

How I agree. There is one that is left sitting at the back entrance of los school. It sits by the path at the end of the playing field. No owner anywhere near not teathered in anyway. I love dogs, but this gives me the willies. Even the best behaved dog can react in an unpredictable way, especially if excited by children.

Anyhow we were walking out of school on Friday and were practically barged over by women, children on those scotters and this dog-not on a lead :eek: and these people would be gutted if you dared suggest they were anything other than dog lovers. We always had our dog on a lead when we were walking along the street, even in the little village we lived in, where he knew everyone. He was called to heel if we came across a group of children when he was running in the fields as well. Grrr put them in room 101.

Stormy
08-11-2010, 09:17 AM
Agree with everything put in already......

What about cornflour gloop, (takes forever to clean up)

foil sprinkles in my opinion worse than glitter, they seem to glue ok till home time then amazingly decide to fall off leaving a lovely trail all over the house.

x

Pipsqueak
08-11-2010, 11:12 AM
nooooo i love Gloop

Twinkles
08-11-2010, 11:19 AM
nooooo i love Gloop

How about glittery gloop ?? :laughing:

Pipsqueak
08-11-2010, 11:22 AM
How about glittery gloop ?? :laughing:

nope totally ruins it:p

sweets
08-11-2010, 01:18 PM
i dont like gloop, its really messy and the last few times ive made it the children have played with it for about 30 seconds, then ive got the clear up job to do. :(

Stormy
08-11-2010, 01:22 PM
I think I play with the gloop more than the kids love the feel of it just hate the mess.........
So I will rephrase but the clearing up in room 101.......x