PDA

View Full Version : I really don't feel well :(

amirose
03-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Was up all last night with a migraine.
Today feel really sick and got a banging headache. Have actualy though I was going to be sick twice :(
Got to pick one up from nursery in an hour and another from school at 3.15 then cook tea for four.
One mindee is here till 10pm AND I have got to drive her home:panic:
Just don't feel like I can cope at all today :(

You know whats it like 4 sets of parents that would have to be let down, money to be refunded, one parent is an hour and a half away so wouldn't be able to get her from nursery anyway - feel like you havew no choice, hate this side of the job.

Pipsqueak
03-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Awww Ami - poor you. Can you take it easy today - no harm in sticking the kids in front of a dvd for a while.
feel better soon

Cazz
03-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Poor you.

I know what you're saying - I've had to take yesterday and today off because I've had a tummy bug since Monday evening and I was on holiday last week but both sets of parents were very understanding - it doesn't stop me feeling bad but it's one of those things that can't be helped. They know it doesn't happen very often.

Although you don't want to let anyone down you need to think of your own health - there's no point soldiering on today and then knocking yourself up for the next few days.

When I get a bad migraine it really knocks me for six and all I can do is lay down in a dark room - you need to be able to be alert and able to respond to any situation if you've got mindees - so you would actually be putting their welfare first if you sent them home.

I would phone the parents and explain this and certainly not be working until 10.00pm tonight.

Hope you feel better soon x

LOOPYLISA
03-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Hugs to you x

I take my hat off to you for still having the little ones today with a migrane :panic: i know i couldnt , knocks me for 6 :(

I can't remember what you said but is there not anyway parents can pick up ????