PDA

View Full Version : Community Childminding - Advice Needed

Little Bear
11-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Hi I have currently taken on 1 year old twin boys from Social Care and they are hard work as they have not been outside much or away from Mum!
Is there anyone that is a community childminder as when I ring my Development Officer for advise she says the person I need to speak to is off on long term sick.
I need to invoice Social Care but have heard that it is not my normal prices as the cost reflects the individual case, is that true?
Hope someone can help me :panic:

sarah707
11-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Hello and welcome!

You need to take some local advice really... can your CIS not help you? Otherwise I would ask if there are any other community childminders in your area and give them a call. Rates vary so much around the country.

I think we have a couple of members who offer social services minding - hopefully they will be around later :D

angeldelight
11-04-2008, 08:17 AM
I offer care like this

Did you not agree on a fee before you agree to have the children or have the children not started with you yet ?

xx

Twinkles
11-04-2008, 08:18 AM
I minded for social services a few years ago and I always put £2 on top of my normal hourly fee because they are generally much harder work and you may not be able to take on anyone else when you mind them ( obviously it depends on the individual child/ren ).

angeldelight
11-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Oh and dont forget to say hello in the hello section so everyone can welcome you and so we know who we are speaking to

Angel xx

laura2kidz
11-04-2008, 08:19 AM
during the holidays i look after a child who is fostered and the social services pay me. i get £5 an hour which is a lot more than usual in this area. I would speak to the the boys social worker as then she can tell you how much well that is what happened with me. Good luck.

angeldelight
11-04-2008, 08:20 AM
I always get social services to sign an agreement regarding my fees and I tell them how much I expect to get paid and not the other way round

I usually put an extra £2 on to my normal fees

But they really should have had this chat with you already ?

Angel xx

Little Bear
11-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Hi
The Social Worker only wanted a contract to cover me on insurance, she seamed she didn't care about anything else she just told me to bill social services. I was going to charge my normal fee but these boys are very hard work. I will take your advice and charge a bit more.
Thank you :clapping:

miffy
11-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Just wanted to say I hope you get it sorted and are able to charge a reasonable rate

miffy xx

Monkey1
11-04-2008, 08:30 PM
I have only done this cover once. I found it too heartbreaking!