PDA

View Full Version : Just got the cheekiest text

phoebe-alice
02-11-2010, 08:32 PM
I recently posted about recieving a letter from the child tax office asking for details of a family I mind for.
I left it a few days before I told mum but mentioned it to the little ones mum this morning. And just had the most cheeky text from the mum asking me to put the maximum hours I've worked for her which is nearing 40 when on an average week we get no where near that amount! And the way she put she sounded as if it would benefit me.
Sat here thinking what a cheeky ..... :rolleyes:
Can't even believe that even from her, so replied saying I had already replied with the average hours which was only just over 22! Wonder how she'll feel now I've foiled her plan.
Oh well I'm not lying so she has more money in her pocket I hardly ever get paid on time as it is, the final straw is looming!
Parents... who would have them? :rolleyes:

clio0602
02-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Thats so cheeky! I don't think I'd have even told her tho or do we have to?

~Chelle~
02-11-2010, 08:40 PM
I wouldn't lie for them either and she is a cheeky :censored: for even asking.

Not only that, it could come back on you, if you declare that you are working more than you say you are and the Taxman wonders why you have declare less money than you have supposedly earned!!

I would have done the same as you hun.

I think Tax credits are cracking down on all these people that overclaim. Two of my parents have received letters from them asking for receipts etc, which I have given them.

At the end of the day, your mindees mum knew what she was doing and now it is coming back to bite her on the bum :D

singlewiththree
02-11-2010, 08:44 PM
The parents of the tax credits letter I got spoke to me today asking if I had received a letter as their school club had received one. I told them yes, I had filled it in and send it back. They were full of excuses but by the sounds of it they are now worried :rolleyes:

phoebe-alice
02-11-2010, 08:52 PM
I don't know if we have to tell the parents but thought I better mention it as she had been asking if they had contacted me at all.
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that though its unbelievable. I know shes been a pain in the bum in the past but I didn't see that coming.
Will I ever get the perfect family to care for? Pigs might fly hehe. :rolleyes:
Hope you ladies are having a lovely evening with your feet up though, almost half way through the week.

charlie potato
02-11-2010, 08:59 PM
i think its a good thing that they're checking. We should always supply a receipt as money has exchanged hands so i believe. xx:)

miffy
02-11-2010, 09:18 PM
You don't have to inform parents that tax credits have written to you.

As she was already asking you it looks like she's been claiming more hours than she's using - if I were you I'd keep her text just in case.

Miffy xx

Pixie dust
02-11-2010, 09:22 PM
One of my families asked me to do something similiar as she had been claiming more on top to help pay her bills:angry: I told her that I couldn't as had already told them what she pays and that I couldn't lie anyway, her money was stopped a few weeks later she is struggling to pay me now but I think a lesson has been learnt. I am so glad people are getting found out.

jjoann212
03-11-2010, 12:27 AM
Same thing happened to me, Tax credits rang me asking me how many hours I cared for child*, told them I had varied hours for 4 days a week, some weeks 23 hours, some weeks 20 and so on.
Asked mum, she was totally honest, said she had been claiming for 35 hours a week, :eek:
You Can't Beat The System!