PDA

View Full Version : When do you give your registration number out?

Helcatt
02-11-2010, 07:13 PM
I had a woman round yesterday who seemed really keen on using me.

She emailed last night asking for a reference and for reg number so she could read my report. As well as a few questions she forgot while she was here, and asking if she could bring her partner round to visit aswell

Am now thinking I should have given her a copy of the report with the number hidden?

What do you do?

When I was interviewing before, I hadn't had my inspection so had no report to show

HX

candy cat
02-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Don't give your number out until you have signed contracts and even then only when they ask ie they need for vouchers etc.....you have watch some people who want this number so they can claim tax credits .....although this lady may be innocent:blush: but i would drop a copy of inspection to her.

Penny1959
02-11-2010, 07:40 PM
I don't give number until the sign contract and pay deposit.

And yes a copy of report minus number is a good idea - when I finally get report I plan to save as file on cumputer, erase number then email to parents as needed - will save photocopying costs.

Penny :)

maisiemog
02-11-2010, 08:21 PM
I give mine out when parents sign contracts but it doesnt actually make much difference. Did you know that the council give your registration number out with your contact details and address when parents ask them for a list of childminders. If they really want to get it then they can.

Helcatt
02-11-2010, 09:19 PM
I give mine out when parents sign contracts but it doesnt actually make much difference. Did you know that the council give your registration number out with your contact details and address when parents ask them for a list of childminders. If they really want to get it then they can.

Now that, I didn't know. If thats the case, Ofsted might as well list our names instead of giving just our reg number on their site

HX

pinkbutterfly
02-11-2010, 09:57 PM
That is unfortunately the case. I've seen that list recently and it had everything on it. My full name (including my middle name which I hardly ever use), phone numbers, ofsted number and my home address. The only thing that was not there was the house number.

Penny1959
03-11-2010, 03:49 AM
Having worked for Worcestershire Council - I know that childminders are supposed to give written permission as to what (if any) information is given out to parents - all to do with data protection.

So in Worcestershire childminders first give written permission to say if info gets sent to parents, then what information. They can ask to check this information and change at any time and a couple of times a year get phone call to check details still correct.

If your council is giving out this information without your permission you need to phone them - it maybe they have one of those silly policies whereby they assume it is ok with you - unless you say it is not!

Penny:)

IndigoMoon
03-11-2010, 06:29 AM
I don't give mine out until contracts have been signed. But I've never actually been asked for it anyway so it's never come up to be perfectly honest. I always keep a copy of my report here for parents to read (without number on it) so would suggest they came to meet me and read it if asked for my number for that reason. x

The Juggler
03-11-2010, 07:23 AM
i give mine before parents come around, so they can read my report. usually, however, they don't ask I offer it so I have no reason to suspect dodgy tax credit frauds. Might make me think twice if they were asking. Can you offer to drop off a copy of your report through her door in the evening (minus the number)?

miffy
03-11-2010, 07:45 AM
TBH it's fairly easy to find your registration number and Ofsted report - if a parent has your address they only need to type your postcode into the Ofsted website and they can find you.

The last few enquiries I've had have all read my report before seeing me.

Miffy xx

caroljayne
03-11-2010, 12:50 PM
My report is on my website - minus my registration number. I encourage parent's to read it before they visit and give them a paper copy with my number when contracts are signed.

teacake2
03-11-2010, 03:22 PM
A parent who came to see me recently had already read my report on line, she said with only 3 minders to pick from it was easy to put two and two together. Not as easy to do in a larger area, but very easy in small villages where not many minders!!!
Teacake2