PDA

View Full Version : other people

mushpea
02-11-2010, 07:11 PM
had a bit of a stressy mornng today at toddler group,, well at the end of it anyway,, i had a 22mnth old , 3.9yr old, 3yrold and a 2.7yrold,, the 3yrold hates walking anywhere as parent always puts them in a buggy to go somwhere so at the end of toddler group she starts crying cause she dosent want to walk,, then the 2.7yrold decides to cry and have a wobbler cause she dosent want to put her coat on,, dealing with this i said to the 3yrold, 'you've big now and walking is good for you' then to the 2.7yrold ' put your coat on i am not doing it for you cause i know you can do it' then i continued putting the 22mnth old in the buggy, when i turn around about 6 mums are all standing there watching me:eek: , i felt really stressed by this cause to me this job is about image and how the children seem in your care and how you deal with it,, i felt happy with how i delt with it but when i realised they where all watching i started to doubt myself,, I was firm when i spoke to both childen because I know they are only doing it to play up but it probably looked like i am being a mean ol minder not helping them,,
do you worry about what other people think or do you just get on with it? was i wrong in what i said/did?

Pipsqueak
02-11-2010, 07:21 PM
I am very aware about how I come across when out and about but I don't worry as such because I know I maintain a professional image - even if that means speaking firmly to the children, controlling the situation etc etc !:D

Stuff em - they were probably full of secret admiration for you really and waiting to pick tips up!!! lol and if they weren't - then perhaps they should have been!

candy cat
02-11-2010, 07:35 PM
They were probably thinking what a super cm you are coping with all those children!:)

singingcactus
02-11-2010, 07:54 PM
I am totally neurotic and paranoid. I never used to be, but coningsby, where I just moved from, is a tiny little village filled to overflowing with people who have nothing better to do than gossip. It gets you so you are on edge all the time, never trusting yourself even though the kids and parents are happy, always waiting for the next gossip fuelled problem to start.
Now I am at the point again of being calm and not actually giving a stuff anymore :D .

mushpea
02-11-2010, 08:47 PM
I think i need to chill and not stress but it just made me feel like such a cr*p childminder and I know I am not but all they see each week at the end of toddlers is two kids crying and me talking to them in a firm voice as a pose to giving them cuddles but I know these kids and i know they are just playing me up,,,,, guess their kids are little angels all the time:rolleyes:

miffy
02-11-2010, 09:22 PM
They are probably glad it's not their kids playing up! :)

Miffy xx