PDA

View Full Version : what would you charge for these hours

foxy lady
02-11-2010, 02:49 PM
i have just had a call from a mum who wants childcare from 6.30am in the morning for 1 child then take him to school and then afterschool care mon-fri just wondered what you guys would charge for theses hours of if you would even do it as it is so early. i have told her that i will have a think about it and to call me back tomorrow. i also said that she would have to take us as she finds us at that time in the morning and that the house would not be fully set up for the day, i suggested that she should bring some cereal and 2 pints of milk on a monday so i could give him hid breakfast as i do no want to have to supply that.
what do you think would you do it?
how much would you charge?

Cazz
02-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Personally I charge my normal hourly rate of £3.20 per hour between 8.00am and 6.00pm and anything outside of these hours is time and half (except Bank Holidays which are double time if they want me to work).

So I would charge one and half hours at £4.80 per hour and the remainder at my normal hourly rate.

Others will probably say that's not enough but to be honest I don't think I'd want a 6.30am start anyway - especially when you haven't even got the child during the day.

clio0602
02-11-2010, 05:12 PM
I'd think carefully as I occasionally work 7-6 and its a very long day for my lo who wakes as soon as mindees arrive then will go to bed 6-6.30 as she's worn out.

My normal hrs are 7.30-5.30

If I were to do it I would charge 6.30-7.30 £5, 7.30-9am £7.50 and afterschool £4hr

HTH

youarewhatyoueat
02-11-2010, 06:13 PM
£30 for the day thats £20 in the morning and £10 after school.
I would also check if she wants you in the holidays because there is no way I would start so early in the school hols. I would do a term time only contract and not charge a retainer.

Goatgirl
02-11-2010, 06:41 PM
i have just had a call from a mum who wants childcare from 6.30am in the morning for 1 child then take him to school and then afterschool care mon-fri just wondered what you guys would charge for theses hours of if you would even do it as it is so early. i have told her that i will have a think about it and to call me back tomorrow. i also said that she would have to take us as she finds us at that time in the morning and that the house would not be fully set up for the day, i suggested that she should bring some cereal and 2 pints of milk on a monday so i could give him hid breakfast as i do no want to have to supply that.
what do you think would you do it?
how much would you charge?

Hi Foxy,
Sounds like you don't really want to do it, so just say no. I know, easier said than done...

so just think 'what would I have to charge to feel its worthwhile?'... Then divide it over the number of hours, making sure the unsociable ones are worth more and charge that. If she doesn't want to pay it she'll make alternative arrangements.

You could also just do it on a 4 week trial, even less if you want to. Its your business, so make absolutely sure you do what suits you :)

Good luck :)
Wendy

Chatterbox Childcare
02-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Normal before and after rate (I charge £7.50 from 7am including breakfast) and double time before that

Mollymop
02-11-2010, 09:25 PM
I would charge £5 per hour between 6.30am til 8am and then my normal hourly charge of £3.25 so that would be £10.75 per morning and £9.75 for 3 hours after school.

karen m
02-11-2010, 10:04 PM
i charge £11 per morning for a 6 start as i am up and ready at 5-5.30 but i give breakfast ,don't understand why you would ask parent to bring milk and cereal surely it would not be out of the question for you to have these in

Zoomie
02-11-2010, 10:23 PM
My hourly rate is £4, but before 8am it is £6.

I have an adhoc mindee who starts at 7am. I do about ten 7am starts a month.