PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for 9 yr old boy on his own?

buzzy bee
01-11-2010, 09:46 PM
I've got a 9 yr old mindee tomorrow (boy) for the first time. I'll also have 2 under 1s at the same time.

I thought we could make pizzas for dinner, but other than that I'm a bit stuck for ideas. When he came for his trial he played on the Wii and enjoyed that.

Any other ideas?

sarah707
01-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Go to the shop and buy a puzzle book if he likes doing those... computer time... ask him to bring his favourite game from home and play it with him... he could make playdough for the little ones (I find the older children love playing with it if they are allowed to pretend it's not for them)... my 9 year old loves reading and will spend hours curled up on the sofa with harry potter :D

smartie
01-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Construction works for most of mine. Lego, junk modelling, den building together with a nice long walk! lol!!

buzzy bee
01-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Thanks Sarah, those are good ideas.

I'm really worried he'll get bored if it's just him. His old childminder had a big group of kids so he's used to having lots of friends to play with, and it's just gonna be him for now (I'm hoping to get some more after schoolies soon!) Don't want him to be bored and look elsewhere!

clio0602
01-11-2010, 10:10 PM
DS is 9 and loves games console, den building, tv, playdough, baking, being given little jobs to help out littlies, hangman, wordsearches, car magazines, lego and magnetix HTH x

smartie
01-11-2010, 10:21 PM
I'm really worried he'll get bored if it's just him. His old childminder had a big group of kids so he's used to having lots of friends to play with, and it's just gonna be him for now

I bet he will really appreciate a one to one with a childminder who is interested in him and what he wants. And from your post I think he has that. You sound fantastic and I would want my child with someone who wants him and is willing to find out his interests. Good luck. (but I dont think you need it).:clapping:

buzzy bee
01-11-2010, 10:27 PM
I bet he will really appreciate a one to one with a childminder who is interested in him and what he wants. And from your post I think he has that. You sound fantastic and I would want my child with someone who wants him and is willing to find out his interests. Good luck. (but I dont think you need it).:clapping:

Aw, thank you :thumbsup: that's very kind of you! Well I hope you're right. His mum is very keen that he doesn't get bored and really wants him to have other kids to play with, so I feel a bit pressured!!