PDA

View Full Version : BONFIRE CUPCAKES

angeldelight
01-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Bonfire cupcakes
Start with a tray of simple cupcakes which are really easy to make
An easy child-friendly recipe to try is:

100g/ 4oz Self-raising flour
100g/4oz Sugar (caster or granulated will do)
100g/4oz margarine or butter
2 eggs

Cream the fat together with the sugar until the mixture is smooth and pale. Add the eggs one by one. Carefully fold the flour into the mixture. If the mixture is very stiff, try adding a very small amount of milk to create a consistency that drops gently from the mixing spoon .Divide the mixture amongst paper cases and bake for about 15 minutes at 180C until risen and light gold.

Finish the Bonfire cupcakes by mixing 1 tablespoon of water with every 10g (3 ½ oz) of icing sugar. When the icing is smooth, add a few drops of orange food colouring to create a rich, flame colour. The cakes can be decorated with the 'flame' icing when cool.

The kids can finish their cupcakes by building a pyramid of lightly flaked chocolate sticks to look like a bonfire on top of the icing. Try threading scraps of strawberry laces around the bonfire to add to the realistic look of the fire. You can also use chocolate twigs to create 'sticks'.

Use your imagination for the decoration

Angel xx

hello kitty
01-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Mmmmm that sounds fantastic Angel. Think we will be making these this week. :)

angeldelight
01-11-2010, 08:53 PM
For the sticks you could use matchmakers - pound in Tesco at the moment

xx

miffy
01-11-2010, 09:59 PM
I came across these on the internet the other day - lovely idea, must try them.

Miffy xx

clio0602
01-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Think I'll be making these with DD tomorrow for us all to decorate after school. Thanks x

angeldelight
01-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Think I'll be making these with DD tomorrow for us all to decorate after school. Thanks x

They are lovely

They did them at our school

Have fun

Angel xx