PDA

View Full Version : I have my first visit

kel1983
01-11-2010, 05:05 PM
I have been a registered childminder since september and have just had my first parent contact me asking for a visit.

I am very excited but very scared too.

I need a little advice.
Im a little confused about what I need to show her on the first visit. Does she need to see my policies and procedures.
I have box of toys ready for the child so will have this out when they visit.
I am going to have all safety items in place (Glass coffee table edges covered).
I am gonna be frantically tidying the house and the garden.

Is there anything else any one can advise me on.

I really want this to work out. To make things a little more intimidating the parents mother is an ex minder which could be a good thing or a bad thing.

Any advise will be greatfully received

Thanks in advance

sarah707
01-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Relax and be yourself!

Yes have your paperwork out for the parent to see but most of all listen to what the parent is saying.

Ask lots of questions about the child and watch how the child interacts with parents... it's not just about them interviewing you, you also need to be sure that it will all work out.

Hth :D

IndigoMoon
01-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Like Sarah says relax!

I always take the opinion that I am interviewing them and then I don't get so nervous. ;)

Good luck x

maisiemog
01-11-2010, 09:08 PM
relax and be yourself. I am sure everything will be fine! Just remember to trust your instincts and everything will be fine!!! Have your paperwork out for her to see and try to answer any questions they may have!

Good Luck!!

emmas day care
02-11-2010, 07:43 AM
good luck :thumbsup:

miffy
02-11-2010, 07:48 AM
I think parents also want to see how you interact with their children.

Good luck

Miffy xx