PDA

View Full Version : Childminders and assistants

sarah707
01-11-2010, 02:57 PM
More and more childminders are taking on assistants to work with them.

The assistant might help out with deliveries and collections of children so the childminder can cover 2 settings or the assistant might be around at a busy time of the week and contribute to the general running of the provision while playing games and supporting the children’s learning and development.

Assistants can be a huge boost to a childminding provision, offering a second pair of eyes on outings and giving their input into planning, observation, risk assessments etc.

However, employing an assistant is not as simple a process as it might first appear and there are many areas which must be considered before an assistant starts working with you.

I have worked through this e-book from the point of view of the childminder who wants to employ an assistant and who wants to simplify the process as much as possible while ensuring s/he meets all the statutory and legal requirements.

I would like to thank Denise for her input and support in the initial stages of writing this e-book and for sharing paperwork with me.

The e-book is priced at £3.99 and is available from my Knutsford Childminding (http://www.knutsfordchildminding.co.uk) website.

Thank you! :D

Andrea08
01-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Thanks sarah,

i dont pay my assistants lol they just help out now n then. and covered with ofsted but if i was to go full time with an assistand ill remember you TY xx

cazbet
01-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Hello Sarah I have looked at yout website I am looking at working with an assistant could you tell me where your e-book is with information of this as you stated in your message.

Thanks

sarah707
01-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Hello Sarah I have looked at yout website I am looking at working with an assistant could you tell me where your e-book is with information of this as you stated in your message.

Thanks

Hi! Thank you for your enquiry.

My e-books are listed over 4 pages.

This new e-book is on the second page of my e-books for sale and is e-book number 48.

I hope that helps :D