PDA

View Full Version : bit nervous about doing the nvq 3

lou lou
01-11-2010, 02:53 PM
i think i have got the opportunity to do my nvq 3 in learning and developement i have got a lady comming round next week to do the paper work with me i really want to do this but at the same time nervous about it i dont want to think i have taken to much on but at the same time i know this is an opportunity i should not miss as well, can anybody tell me anything about it and what to expect this is the first time i have done anything like this as i dont really have any qualifications apart from what i got at school and that is ages ago as i am 40 now so anybody who has done it how did you get on would really love your feed back on this and maybe i would feel more at ease. thanks

Andrea08
01-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Go 4 it hun,,,

im 42 and finished my level 4 in quality standards but different to nvq work

the nvq 3 was being changed hun please ask that in your LA this is what is expected of you. It is the best way to get your level 3 as you have an assment person helping you as you go along..

i enjoyed it more than my level 4 and good luck you will be fine xxx
PM me if you want to kk
xxx

Newbie1!
01-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Hia love, Im 30 and am just starting minding, Im really keen on doing an NVQ but am struggling finding information on who to contact to do it/get funding etc. Im quite big on learning and although many parents dont seem to care what quals you do or dont have I am of the opinion that it looks fab when you have potentials coming around and your certificate file is full!! as well as helping you out with little things that you may not have known about. I hope you decide to go for it as Im sure it will be worth it, and any info you can let me know about how to get onto it would be great too! xxx

manjay
01-11-2010, 05:05 PM
I was 39 when I did my NVQ3 and now aged 41 I am well into my second year of a Foundation Degree. I found it really easy and took very little time as my assessor was fab and did most of it through observing me and my own written paperwork. I do know others though who have had to write loads and it has taken a fair amount of time. I would definitely meet with them to get some more info and personally I would go for it. I was very apprehensive as, like you I had done nothing academic since leaving school. I can honestly say that this route of professional development has been hugely beneficial to my practice whilst at the same time really enjoyable.

Let us know what you decide xx

Helcatt
01-11-2010, 05:19 PM
I am doing the DHC but am the same as you, I am 38 and the last time I did anything constructive was at school

I ahven't found it too bad, the time it takes is hard to organise, a husband doing shifts and two children mean I don't get much free time but it has been worth it. IF nothing else, it has made me realise how much I knew anyway and gave me a lot of confidence in my own abilities

If you can get funding it is well worth the effort. And I don't think you will regret it.

I struggled a bit with the workload, but it was because I did the course via dstance learning so didn't have the one - to -one help that many others had. And thats where I felt that I missed out

Good luck

Hx

lou lou
01-11-2010, 06:24 PM
i will do it and i am really lucky as it is funded my child developement officer gave me a name to ring and said there was just a few places left and i got it through train to gain and filled in an application form and now she is comming round with the paper work next week so i guess i am lucky as i know it is now not funded

glitzygal
01-11-2010, 07:09 PM
GO FO IT, I did mine this year, with a friend and we got together evenings and weekends and did it in our own words, and we started in nov last year, we had a hicup, assessor told us wrong, so we started again in jan this year and finished in aug,,, I am so proud of my self, we helped each other along, although the observations were done seperatly we managed to help each other with ideas.
I am 40 now and cant believe i did it, she wrote all hers out by hand and i typed mine up on the computer as it was easier for me,

keep possitive and it is worth it.

good luck,
:jump for joy:

maisiemog
01-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Go for it! Once you've done it you'll be so proud of yourself!

Yes it can be a pain in the ****, yes there is a lot of work to do but it is worth it in the end. It's transferable as well so even if you decide not to CM in the future you could use it for other things!!!

babs
01-11-2010, 08:46 PM
hi lou i signed up for my nvq 3 few weeks back did my nvq 2 the same way really enjoyed it hoping 3 goes just as smooth... good luck hun..