PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Question

pinky33
01-11-2010, 08:38 AM
Morning everyone
Could use some help on this holiday issue please. All of our parents currently pay half fee for their holidays - 2 weeks- and the same for ours.

One full time parent has given holiday form for Xmas period from Xmas Eve to 3rd Jan.
My question is what does everyone do with regards to bank holidays which fall in requested holiday time?
Our BH policy is that we charge normal rate if child doesn't attend as we are still available and double time if they do attend.
Usually in my previous jobs BH don't count towards holiday entitlement so just putting feelers out with everyone.

Hazel

FussyElmo
01-11-2010, 09:03 AM
Personally I dont charge for bh's but if I did and the parent has booked an holiday I would just charge the half fee for the holiday. I wouldnt be considering charging extra for the bh's.

wendywu
01-11-2010, 09:45 AM
I dont charge for my holidays but i do charge full for BH even if they come in the middle of my holidays. :)

rickysmiths
01-11-2010, 01:21 PM
My and my parents holiday is in addition to the Bank Holidays. I charge normal fee for them if they fall on a contracted day, double if they use one, triple fee for Christmas,Boxing and New Years Day. In 17yrs I have worked on Boxing Day.