PDA

View Full Version : Getting Really Fed Up Now....

VINASOL
01-11-2010, 08:07 AM
mindees are STILL not here, no text, no phone call. I really hate it when they are late like this because it means that I have to give them breakfast really late; it's all a rush and mindee (6) will be moaning the whole time that he hasn't time to play/not hungry and it'll be a battle until we leave at 8.30.

Half the time I meet mindees at the school gate as her neighbour drops her off.

I have never met anyone so disorganised....grrrrrr:angry:

candy cat
01-11-2010, 03:14 PM
can you not do a cut off time for breakfast? or second thoughts that may make them even later!:laughing: Annoying though isn't it!

sarah707
01-11-2010, 03:37 PM
I don't feed children any later than 8 or we'll not get anywhere.

I have a couple of really slow eaters and it's just not fair on them.

If the worst comes they can walk to school with a piece of toast :D

Playmate
01-11-2010, 03:41 PM
I don't feed children any later than 8 or we'll not get anywhere.

I have a couple of really slow eaters and it's just not fair on them.

If the worst comes they can walk to school with a piece of toast :D

I agree, I only provide breakfast if they arrive before 8am. :D

manjay
01-11-2010, 05:11 PM
I agree, I only provide breakfast if they arrive before 8am. :D

me too:thumbsup:

Helcatt
01-11-2010, 05:14 PM
what time did they turn up in the end?

My 8 o'clock starts have breakfast but anyone arriving later does not. but then I don't need to leave until 8:50 to get to the school for 9am

HX

lauredt
01-11-2010, 05:58 PM
I rely on the good old baguette after the school run at least twice a week, sometimes my monsters are simply not hungry before then, and they munch on it in the car on the way to wherever. And I have some beautiful pictures of my little "french men-hunhun" with the bread under their arm... I might get them to wear a beret and a string of onions next!

VINASOL
02-11-2010, 07:36 PM
they did not turn up

texted her and phoned her but she didnt respond until nearly 8.30

she thought that it was the day i was taking DD to St Thomas' hospital.

I wouldnt' mind, but I have reminded her WEEKLY, AND i created a newsletter for HER benefit; school closures, half term, school parties - AND the day I could not have her children (8th)...this woman does not read a thing.

I'm getting so fed up with it all to be honest. I never knwo where I am. Some days I'ms upposed to have them, then I'm not, then I am. I feel as if I can't even plan anything because she'll change her mind.

She is never here on time and, and .....ooohhh I just dont think I can continue with the issues :angry: :censored:

it's probably not much to everyone else, but as im new to this childmindign it's so frustrating :mad:

Winnie
02-11-2010, 08:08 PM
they did not turn up

texted her and phoned her but she didnt respond until nearly 8.30

she thought that it was the day i was taking DD to St Thomas' hospital.

I wouldnt' mind, but I have reminded her WEEKLY, AND i created a newsletter for HER benefit; school closures, half term, school parties - AND the day I could not have her children (8th)...this woman does not read a thing.

I'm getting so fed up with it all to be honest. I never knwo where I am. Some days I'ms upposed to have them, then I'm not, then I am. I feel as if I can't even plan anything because she'll change her mind.

She is never here on time and, and .....ooohhh I just dont think I can continue with the issues :angry: :censored:

it's probably not much to everyone else, but as im new to this childmindign it's so frustrating :mad:

Its hard work when you have a parent like this, i would work on one thing at a time- explain how important communication is to the smooth running of your relationship ;) and ask that she lets you know if she is running late or has made other plans for the day....and go out if she is late again. Carry on with your usual routine, and dont cancel any outings, its up to her to arrive on time- or you could ask if she would like to change her hours :)
I hope she is still paying you even if you do not have the lo?

miffy
02-11-2010, 09:36 PM
t

You need to knock it on the head now - just tell her you won't be doing breakfast, that's up to her to sort before she gets to you.

Don't change your plans, hang around waiting for her to arrive or whatever just say if she's not here by whatever time she will have to find you and you'll be on your mobile.

It might not work but you will be in control and the rest is up to her.

Good luck

Miffy xx

karen m
02-11-2010, 09:42 PM
No breakfast after 8,sorry if they can't eat before that they really need to get up earlier and get more organised

Penny1959
03-11-2010, 03:39 AM
Parents like this are hard work.

If she does not read things I think you need to arrange a meeting to discuss 'face to face'.

Think about what the most important issues are - so maybe

]No breakfast if arrive after 8am (like lots of others this is my rule as have to give children time to eat it)

Set time you leave for school run - and tell her she will have to drop children to you where ever you are after school run.

Tell her if do not recieve message to say will be late - you will assume that children not coming if do not arrive by 8am - and will therefore not be available (a bit hard but this parent needs to know it is your business and you set the rules not her - not saying she can not be late - just that she must let you know)

And so on

You know what is important to you - the stress is just not worth it - so either get her to comply with your policies and procedures or give notice

Sometimes no matter how hard you try you can not change things - it does not mean all parents are like this.

Good luck

Penny x

Chatterbox Childcare
03-11-2010, 09:59 AM
If she doesn't turn up then it is up to her to make sure that the children are fed

Explain to her that breakfast finishes at ... and then go about your day as planned. When you are not at home when she turns up you will get a call and it will stop