PDA

View Full Version : three one year olds and a five year old

snufflepuff
31-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Tomorrow I have all three mindees plus my son all day. Major panic setting in now!! I have had 4 LOs once before but DP had the day off work and we went out for the day- stressful but manageable.
We are forecast rain for most of the day tomorrow so the most we will manage is a short walk round the block if we are lucky.

I'm most worried about nap time, I'm in a good routine with the one year olds but they all need a bit of time cuddling/ rocking etc and i'm worried about how the five year old will fit in to the routine!
My playroom is upstairs and 5 year old will want to be up and down like a yoyo if I don't have lots downstairs for him, so I have moved some things around and sorted a box of crafty stuff and a box of newish toys that he hasn't seen before- that way upstairs can be out of bounds until the toddlers are sleeping.

Any ideas for how I can keep them all entertained please?!

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
31-10-2010, 08:50 PM
can the older ones have a bit of quiet time with cbeebies whilst you put the babies to sleep?

Noomie
31-10-2010, 09:47 PM
That's quite a handful. I think that the more organised you are the easier it will be - and it sounds as if you are really organising it. Sometimes staying home and doing less is better anyway (going out is far more stressful with so many to get coats and shoes on etc...) so don't worry too much about just staying home and playing.

Good luck for tomorrow mate. xx

Noomie
31-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Btw... I know you will be great!

snufflepuff
31-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Thank you....I try to be organised but often it all goes to pot and I wonder if it's better to just plan nothing and let the LO's do what they like....as long as they are safe and having fun! The one year olds are all good at playing together and I can pretty much follow thier lead but the 5 year old is much harder work, needs contant entertaining, flits from one thing to another, and nothing is good enough for him....oh i'm dreading it!

Chimps Childminding
31-10-2010, 10:13 PM
I know what you mean about 5 year olds - I also have one tomorrow as well as a 2 year old and an 11 month old. The 5 year old always want to do things that we can't do easily with the lo's around. The 11 month old only sleeps for about 40 mins all day, so't can even say wait till she is asleep. The 5 year old wants scissors, glitter etc. or building dens which obviously get knocked down by lo's!!

I hate school holidays :D - not really, but I would love to have all littieis on one day and all schoolies on another so they can do what they want to do :thumbsup:

Twinklestars
01-11-2010, 07:15 AM
I have my 10 month old ds, a 15 month old and an 18 month old and my 5 year old ds all day today, I'm lucky though as he will just play with them or on his ds hopefully,then at 3 i pick up a 2 year old and another 5 year old so they'll play together. i usually have a 10 year old too so mondays are a bit mad in my house!!

Noomie
01-11-2010, 04:03 PM
How'd your day go Snufflepuff? Hope it wasn't too hectic. x

cas2805
01-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Sounds like my usual day! 15 mth, DS 16 mth & other mindee 17 mth then mindee age 5. Usually plan a playgroup or children's centre AM then they get all (and I mean all) of the toys out. This is where 5 year old comes in handy, she usually helps with tidy up time.

snufflepuff
01-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Didn't go too badly actually Noomie, thank you for asking. The three LOs were pretty good although only had very short naps. Five year old was great, well behaved etc. Took lots of persuading to get him to put down his DS but then he spent ages on a craft activity, helped make ice lollies etc and we all went for a walk. So much better than I expected so will be more positive about next time!