PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck in the morning!

Helcatt
31-10-2010, 07:27 PM
I have two potential clients coming round in the morning

ONe interested in 2 days a week, one interested in 3. Next monday, I also ahve another lady coming to visit, so :fingerscrossed: I might actually have all spaces filled by the new year!

These two are looking to start in January, next weeks lady is looking for a late feb start

The two tomorrow, I know have seen a few other minders in the area and I made them wait as I didn't want to see people over half term, so must be last on their lists

Will be interesting to see waht happens.

I have been disheartened lately as I saw a good few people in July and nothing came of it, but do feel more prepared, I saw them at the CC whereas this will be on my own territory

I have my policies ready, a "my profile" folder with a few photos from trips and groups showing waht we do and some basic EYFS links

Have some toys at the ready, play mat and treasure basket, both babies about 8 months

House almost tidy - will be by bedtime

Have I forgotten anything?

Wish me luck - hope it works out

HX

IndigoMoon
31-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Contracts, child record forms, permission forms,

Good luck, maybe these will be the right ones for you x

flowerpots
31-10-2010, 07:36 PM
good luck, ive got my fingers crossed for you. i agree, i always show hem sample contracts and recors forms and all about me forms for the lo's. let us know how it goes.

xx

mushpea
31-10-2010, 07:39 PM
good luck,,relax , have a glass of wine and a good nights sleep and you'll be fine, let us know how you get on

rickysmiths
31-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Good luck.

sarah707
31-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Sounds like you have everything under control!

Good luck :D

anisha
31-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Good Luck!

Chimps Childminding
31-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Good luck tomorrow, hope you sign them both up :thumbsup:

maisiemog
31-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Good Luck! Hope everything goes ok for you tomorrow. Let us know how you get on!!!

miss mopple
31-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Good luck buddy, you'll be fine, they'd be mad not to want you :)

I never show contracts etc at the first visit personally as I don't like them to feel rushed. I do always tell them that if I haven't heard from them by a certain date I'll assume that they don't want the space. That way they don't keep me hanging either way ;)

Relax, you'll do fine :thumbsup:

Helcatt
01-11-2010, 10:18 AM
What a big old mix up!

Texting session yesterday, the woman who was coming at 10 has asked to postpone til next week and the woman who was coming next week is now coming at 1:30 today

3 people clamouring for one space - how good is that. I only hope that one of them does want to use me. In terms of monay, a three day person would be best but...... the two day person would fit around current mindee (htough mum is happy to swap days) and it would mean I still get an early finish on a friday - which I quite like the idea of!

Now off to check if I've been paid by other parents

Thanks for thoughts everyone. I also worry about scaring people off by showing contracts etc too soon. Tend to show them on the second visit, as often mum comes first then when they bring their partner along I go into a bit more detail

:fingerscrossed: I won't have my lazy start to the week for much longer!

HX

Helcatt
01-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Paranoid mum alert

The woman who has just been out kept looking shocked at the potential numbers of children I could have with me, and shocked about pretty much everything I said.

I don't think she has really thought out what she wants and I really was not what she wanted. She did ask about dates for her partner to come and visit and asked about contact details of a current parent for a reference

So who knows. She would be the perfect one to slot in to the current set up but we'll see

I think she wants a nanny.

Oh well, another one due in 10 mins, maybe this will be better

HX