PDA

View Full Version : Oh help!!

PinkFairy24
30-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Hi friends!

Ofsted are coming on Monday and I'm starting to get a little worried :idea: I'm reading up everything on safeguarding and promoting children's welfare as I know they are going to be asking loads on this.

I have been trying though to view the guidelines in the booklet 'What to do if you're worried a child is being abused' which is on the EYFS CD. It doesn't exist anymore! Oh help!! I'm been trying to google it, but can't find anything that helps.

Can someone please tell me exactly what I need to do?

I've been writing policies today and doing risk assessments. I also need to look up activities I can do and relate them to the learning goals.

I'm just getting overwhelmed with so much paperwork!!!

Thanks loads and loads and loads :clapping: X x X

Chatterbox Childcare
30-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Just say that you will be going on a safeguarding course and know who your abuse officer is. Ours is a designated person at the council.

As to planning and activities - just have a knowledge of the EYFS - they won't expect you to know everything

I was given some advice which I constantly refer to "they are only here to monitor you and are not your boss".

kirste
02-11-2010, 06:58 PM
I have been trying though to view the guidelines in the booklet 'What to do if you're worried a child is being abused' which is on the EYFS CD. It doesn't exist anymore! Oh help!! I'm been trying to google it, but can't find anything that helps.

Can someone please tell me exactly what I need to do?

I just had my pre reg last week and was asked this exact question. I said you should record the incidents that make you suspicious in a diary and call Social Care Direct to log concerns. You should never try to deal with it on your own but it is your duty to the child to report it. Also you can ask for support from NCMA and your local childminding coordinator but always ensure you maintain confidentiality and dont name names x
Hope this helps you x ;)

keeks
02-11-2010, 08:46 PM
You've already had good advice, just to say I've downloaded it and also ordered the booklet the other day and it has arrived.

I used this link:

http://publications.education.gov.uk/default.aspx?PageFunction=productdetails&PageMode=publications&ProductId=DFES-04320-2006&

Hope it works.
xx

jane5
02-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Good luck keeks,

I'm waiting for my pre reg visit so I will be eagerly waiting to see how it goes, I'm sure you will be fine x

PinkFairy24
02-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Thanks everyone!!

I passed!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!

Wow, a whole three hours! Am just so excited now!!! Needing to go back to work in January for three months to pay back my maternity leave and then hoping to start in April. Wow it is all going so quickly now!!

Best of luck to everyone and thanks again :blush: You really have been so wonderful!! I have downloaded the booklet now, I think I managed to get through the questions about it. I am going to look into doing the Safeguarding children course though as it really would be a good one to have.

Love Claire X x X

Newbie1!
03-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Hate to say I told you so but....!!! :laughing: :laughing: Will reply to your email properly later lovely but just wanted to let you know that I went on Safeguarding last night, it was a real eye opener - even though Id done it before this one was taught by a social worker so much more of an eye opener as she told us her stories too. Re the "what to do" booklet, she told us we could download it but that in about 4 weeks there will be a totally new one as the new coalition are amending it which is why she wouldnt give us one last night like they normally would. xx

~Grasshopper~
03-11-2010, 10:43 AM
hiya Pinkfairy

well done.

Are you sure you have to go back to work for 3mths??

I am a civil servant and signed a form to say i would return to work, pay back my mat pay or work a further month. Anyhow im not going back and they tried to say i had to work 9 weeks notice but when i looked into it i only have to work 4 weeks and as im part time its 16 days and whilst on mat leave ive accrued 16.5 days annual leave and can use that to cover my notice so dont have to return or pay anything back. Basically they gave me wrong info and nearly made me return. ( was going to go off sick and not return as not leaving my boys though).

xxxx

PinkFairy24
07-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Hi there, yes I did sign a form saying that I would be going back for three months.

It does sound lovely to not go back, but to be honest I am looking forward to seeing all of my work friends and I have arranged for a lovely nanny to look after Lucy. I am going to hate leaving her, but it will only be for three days a week as the other two days will be annual leave. The nanny is Lucy's 'sing and sign' teacher and has known her for four months, she absolutely loves her! I don't want to upset her and I'm thinking that I could do with the money to make sure that I will have everything ready in April. I am already looking for a cooker and outside toys!

It also gives me time to get all the paperwork and advertising done!!

Thanks though, love Claire X x X

Andrea08
07-11-2010, 10:32 PM
well done hone :clapping:

jane5
10-11-2010, 12:25 AM
well done pinkfairy:clapping: