PDA

View Full Version : How to become a Childminder?

mistica
30-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Hi,
I posted this message somewhere a minute ago but couldn't find where it has gone to!
I am interested in becoming a childminder and would appreciate if someone could let me know how to go about. I read somewhere that I need to approach my local authority and enroll in a introductory course but the info is not clear.
I look forward to hearing from someone on this.
Thank you and regards
Mistica

Polly2
30-10-2010, 08:29 PM
If you ring up your local authority they will be able to book you on an introduction to childminding course. You will get all the info you need on the course :thumbsup:

Mookins
30-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Hi hun
exciting stuff:clapping: as already mentioned contact your local authority they will have all info
with regards to your first message this will be waiting to be checked to make sure you aarent one of those mean spammers
just a security thing

keep us posted on your progress and welcome to the forum

xx

keeks
30-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Hi Mistica, yes your local council is the way to go! Give them a call and they will explain what you need to do next.

This forum is fantastic for information and support, so make good use of it! :thumbsup:

Good luck, and please let us know how you get on.

xx

guest2
02-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Hi

I embarked on this in march and am almost done!! All I did was rang the Family Information Service if you look on the internet you should be able to find the number for your local information service there or alternatively pop into one of the local sure start children's centres and explain what you are wanting to do they will be able to point you in the right direction of the person to talk to and give you the relevant contact numbers

Hope this helps

:laughing: