PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever had the tax credit office contact them about....

phoebe-alice
30-10-2010, 02:25 PM
I had a letter from the tax credit office write me a letter about one of the families I provide care for, I've never had anyone contact me about any of my previous children I have cared for so seemed a bit fishy.

It just asked questions like do I care for the, when did care begin, how much I charge, how many weeks am I open for and other questions along those lines. I would of thought they were things the parents would say to them. And just wondered if anyone else has been contacted about something along those lines?

Just wondered why all of a sudden all the questions I've never heard from them before. :panic:

May just be nothing but just wanted to make sure.

juejue
30-10-2010, 02:29 PM
I have had a few phone calls asking question about mindees over the years.

So have other cm in my area.

Just asking date they started and how much fee we charge, things like that

sarah707
30-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Absolutely! They are doing checks for fraud.

I think it's great there are letters going out, lots of minders are receiving them

Hopefully some of those who are claiming wrongly will be caught.

:D

Pixie dust
30-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Yes I had a letter recently about one of my families, they are checking up as so many people are claiming more than they should or saying they are paying for childcare when there not.

welshcake
30-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Has anyone heard of the changes they r going to being doing in 6 months regarding claiming childcare from tax credits.

Not sure if it is true or not but apparently its going to be paid direct to the person giving the childcare. Not sure how that is going to work...

juejue
30-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Has anyone heard of the changes they r going to being doing in 6 months regarding claiming childcare from tax credits.

Not sure if it is true or not but apparently its going to be paid direct to the person giving the childcare. Not sure how that is going to work...

I hope it does get paid to us direct. stop people claiming on our EY number

Chatterbox Childcare
30-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Yes we all get these from time to time and they are getting more frequent.

Just be sure that it is on official headed paper and if you are unsure call the number and double check.

lorimac
30-10-2010, 03:16 PM
I've had a couple of calls recently. I family i'd never heard of and the other I had the child for two days after school about 2 years ago. Both families caught out by Tax Credits me thinks

Hebs
30-10-2010, 03:25 PM

i hope not:panic:

cos at the moment if a parent claims (or gets) the wrong ammount it's up to them to sort out

if it's paid direct it'll be us being landed with a massive bill :panic: and tax credits mess it up all the time too :panic: :panic:

i would seriously consider quitting if this happened

IndigoMoon
30-10-2010, 05:29 PM
I had a phone call at the beginning of the year about a specific parent.

Playmate
30-10-2010, 05:59 PM
We have had a couple of phone calls in the last few months :D

jaja
30-10-2010, 06:38 PM
i have had two phone calls in the last two weeks and told them to write to me, they said the childs name and price and i know that they have said the wronge figure i didnt agree or disagree with anything just told them to write to me, so i think people might be getting a shock soon when i confirm the details they hold are different from mine, do wonder if i should tell the parents before though? would you?

xxxxx

LisaMcNally09
30-10-2010, 07:26 PM
I told parents once and they asked me to lie:angry:

Ive since found out they have completely had their tax credits stopped as they had claimed a lot of money they shouldnt have.

Serves them right:clapping:

emmadines
01-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Ive had a phone call which I asked them to write to me, this was all sorted, I have now had two letters on headed paper from supposedly the inland rev but the number I have had will not dial through, I called them on the public number and they wont tell me if its legit or not :angry:

as of yet I have not replied, will be writing a letter this week to confirm using a not on their account and for me to ring them using the public number for them to confirm,

I think its about time they payed us directly to be truthful - as longs as we keep on top of it there shouldnt be a problem.

Newbie1!
01-11-2010, 04:08 PM
I've had a couple of calls recently. I family i'd never heard of and the other I had the child for two days after school about 2 years ago. Both families caught out by Tax Credits me thinks

Fabulous - this has just restored a little bit of my faith in the system!! I think that minders ought to have to sign the parents tax credit forms - or at least play some part - they could be claiming alsorts against our EY number and we'd never know the difference!

Jayse74
02-11-2010, 02:21 AM
Hmmm... My partner has a niggly feeling one of the mum's we mind for is claiming alot more hours then she is ment to and sooner or later she is going to get caught if she really is doing it!

What will happen if they do get caught frauding the system?

lubobab
20-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Hi, i,m new to this site and have had a letter myself from tax credits making enquiries about 2 children i look after and the fees etc. I have provided the information they wanted, but was just wondering if that would be the end of my involvement now?

Louise0208
20-01-2011, 02:28 PM
i hope that we do get paid directly by TC......i might actually get paid on time! :rolleyes:

i had a few calls last time i was registered & a parent was claiming for over 18 months after i terminated contract! *snigger*

lorimac
20-01-2011, 03:04 PM
I've never had a letter re tax credits but had a couple of phone calls asking if a particular child was placed with me and how many hours, one was claiming full time and had only been 2 days after school and stopped using me a year before, the other one I had never heard of, obviously lots of fraud going on.

Chimps Childminding
20-01-2011, 06:03 PM
I had a letter a few years ago about one of my families - it was legit! I agree there should be someway of us having to sign a form or something to confirm hours/days we provide care for

carol cameron
20-01-2011, 08:17 PM
I don't know why they stopped having childminders sign the forms in the first place. I think it was a better system way back when childcare taxcredit was first introduced.
I remember it was a separate form confirming hours and fees and had to be signed by the childminder although still sent off by the parent when they made their claim. The childminder didn't get to know any details about the familys income which was how I thought it should be.
Not saying that fraudulent claims didn't happen but surely there would have been less than today as we have no idea what the parents are putting down as our fees.

cheryl6880
20-01-2011, 08:18 PM
iv never had a letter but have had a call in the past

lubobab
22-01-2011, 11:45 AM
once you have given them the info they ask for, either on the phone or in a letter, do they not contact you again?

rickysmiths
22-01-2011, 12:46 PM
i hope not:panic:

cos at the moment if a parent claims (or gets) the wrong ammount it's up to them to sort out

if it's paid direct it'll be us being landed with a massive bill :panic: and tax credits mess it up all the time too :panic: :panic:

i would seriously consider quitting if this happened

I couldn't agree more Hebs. However I supose if it were paid direct to the Carer then the carer would regularly have to confirm the hours and days of care given the way we to for Care To Learn so there should be minimal mistakes and it would definately cut down on the fraudulant claims.

rickysmiths
22-01-2011, 12:48 PM
I don't know why they stopped having childminders sign the forms in the first place. I think it was a better system way back when childcare taxcredit was first introduced.
I remember it was a separate form confirming hours and fees and had to be signed by the childminder although still sent off by the parent when they made their claim. The childminder didn't get to know any details about the familys income which was how I thought it should be.
Not saying that fraudulent claims didn't happen but surely there would have been less than today as we have no idea what the parents are putting down as our fees.

I remember this, it was a pain though when the parent did odd hours. They could still go on claiming when they had left our care though, because there was no mechanism for us to confirm when a Contract has ended.

lubobab
24-01-2011, 10:51 AM
will i be asked for receipts, or is the letter as far as my involvement goes?

Pixie dust
29-01-2011, 09:08 AM
will i be asked for receipts, or is the letter as far as my involvement goes

I had to send a letter confirming what was being paid, but my parent had to send in copies of her receipts.

lubobab
29-01-2011, 02:12 PM
when i spoke to her on the phone she didnt ask me to put anything in writing. hopefully that will be it now