PDA

View Full Version : Settling in advice please

Vickster
30-10-2010, 01:39 PM
OK, I have my pre-reg visit on 17th November so fingers crossed, toes crossed and everything else, I am aiming to get certificate by end of November. I have hopefully got a baby starting beginning of Jan for Tues and Weds 8.30am til 5.30pm each week. Bearing in mind Christmas is in the way, what would you think would be reasonable for settling in and how many would you do free once contracts have been signed? I am willing to do one session between Christmas and New year but will probably be away for the rest.

Or would you advise Mum to see if she can start a week later at work and do settling in the first week of January if possible....

christine e
30-10-2010, 01:49 PM
How old is the baby?

Vickster
30-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Sorry, prime seperation anxiety age. 9 months in January....

christine e
30-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Mmmm yep 9 months could be difficult but then again depending on the child could be ok. How about having a word with Mum explaining your concerns and see what she thinks to just the one session between Christmas and New Year, if she thinks it will be a problem suggest delaying returning to work for a week so that you can do more sessions. Re free sessions I do normally charge for settling in (normal hourly rate), maybe offer one session free and additional ones charge, entirely up to you really.

Glad to hear you have worked lined up :thumbsup:

Good luck

Christine

Vickster
30-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Thanks Christine

Zoomie
30-10-2010, 02:18 PM
At this age, why not have mum and baby around for playdates in the weeks till christmas. baby will at least be familiar with your house / you before baby has to get used to not having mum 24/7??

Mum stays with LO all the time till you are registered and have insurance / contracts sorted.

coffee-time
30-10-2010, 05:22 PM
my mindee was 10 months when she started with me, the parents only rang me 2 weeks before they needed her to start so she did a one hour session on the sat before she started and was absolutely fine, trouble is they are all so different think i was lucky with this one lol
ive got a 6 month old starting 5th jan so in the same boat as you with this one, i was going to offer a couple of free sessions in dec. (1 hour each) and maybe one a few days before he starts, it all depends how the child settles really.
good luck with it though!

Vickster
30-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Play dates are a good idea. She says he goes to everyone at the moment and is leaving him with various people for a few hours a week to get used to the seperation.