PDA

View Full Version : lunch and snack ideas

mrs coops
29-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Hi was wondering if you guys would share your meals as i seem to be doing basically the same all the time? i am now getting brain freeze trying to think of other healthy snacks and lunchs :blush:

green puppy
29-10-2010, 05:13 PM
For hot lunches we have things like lasagne, shepard's pie, pizza, omelette, roast dinners, pasta bakes, meatballs, fish/meat with potatoes/cous cous/rice and veggies, home made fish fingers/nuggets, sausage and mash, chilli and rice, mild curries, jacket potatoes........ For snack we have sandwiches, toast, bagels, wraps, crackers, cheese scones, bread sticks, rice cakes with spreads or hummus, fruit, yoghurts, rice pudding...........

jumpinjen
29-10-2010, 06:12 PM
hot dinners are cottage pie, moussaka, beef cobbler, lamb stew, chicken and bean stew, lasagne, pasta bake, potato gratin, veg gratin, risotto, veg curry, toad in the hole, sausage casserole, chicken and mushroom pie, smoked haddock chowder, chunky soup and bread, quiche and salad.

Snacks are fruit/veg/salad with some carbs such as crackers, rye breads, bread sticks, slice of bread and jam (spread themselves), muffins, teacakes, tortilla wraps, then protein of hoummous, cheese, yog and dried fruit etc,

HTH, Jen x

gegele
29-10-2010, 06:17 PM
snack i do eggy bread when i's cold and i haven't plan my diner so it'll be late :blush:

i make a plate with cucumber and cream crakers around and humus in middle and leave them to do the dipping lo like being part of the big ones gang at the coffee table!:D

I'm going to make some of the others Tutututut but i also have chocolate spread and hot chocolate drink like we used to in france :D

mixed fruit bowl

toast for the naughty day (misbehaving children)

bread and jam choice of jams

it all depends if you're feeding the kids in the evening.

morning snack are always really light as we eat at 12 and some children have late breakfast and can't really cope with snak and lunch.
dried fruit and fresh fruit, biscuit, bread stick, cheese and olives:D

maisiemog
31-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Main meals are things like sausages, fahitas, curry, nuggets, cottage pie, casseroles, roast dinners, fish pie,pasta bake, spag bog etc

Lunches are usually sandwiches, something on toast or soup

Snacks are fruit, yogurts, rice cakes, crumpets, breeadsticks etc

I think we all sometimes feel like we cook the same things over and over again!

christine e
31-10-2010, 08:58 AM
If you go to the very top of the forum page (smiley faces running across top of page) you will see one for recipe ideas - take a look there for some ideas

Cx